Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-25-2009, 02:33 PM   #1
Skoolie

Year: 85
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: Ford
Engine: Gas
Rated Cap: 66
Re: Anyone ever use/hear of this paint?

What would the paint be for? Exterior? Interior?

*side note* This post makes me an official skoolie. Feels nice to be a part.

Old 10-25-2009, 03:10 PM   #2
Bus Crazy

Year: 1965
Coachwork: thomas
Chassis: chevy
Engine: 350

acrylic gloss industrial enamel that part sounds good i would be checking its metal sticking caspabilities,guessing that its formulated for concrete-ashphalt.Im sure you would be able to get yelow or white! Price reflects quality when it comes to paint,id be weary not because of price but will it work on primed steel?? might work great,never know till ya jump in timbuk
timbuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 03:44 PM   #3
Bus Nut

Year: 94
Coachwork: b/b
Chassis: tc2000
Engine: 5.9
Rated Cap: 72

Ha smitty
i got a friend who works for D.O.T. and i can get all you want . its the road paint you see on the hiways well last about 10 yrs. and make you shine

only come's in yellow,,white,blue.....
keith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 10:07 AM   #4
Bus Nut

I wouldn't use acrylic paint on the exterior of my bus, if it doesn't stick properly then you have to remove what didn't adhere, all of it. I went with Sherman Williams oil base at $50.00 per gallon. I have had paint guys at the Hardware store (paint department (s)) try to tell me several times "Oh yeah, modern acrylic (water based) paints stick as good if not better then oil based paints do now" I ask them "What have you painted with the paints? How many buildings? Wood, stucco, metal buildings, vehicles?" They invariably say "Oh, well I read the paper work or I took a 2 hour seminar for the job". They don't know Jack (or Smitty). Don't buy the Paint Guys spiel until you question him and believe his story about his experience and what the paint will do and not do.

I have painted a few parking lot lines on asphalt and a few steel poles with that type of paint. It has a funny consistency and seems to stick to the metal poles ok but it never dries smooth like other paints. It's kind of thick and bulky but it wears real well. I haven't used an acrylic version of parking lot paint. Good ole' Marker Yellow, yuck.
Abbott is offline   Reply With Quote