Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-21-2009, 06:13 PM   #1
Skoolie

Backup Camera?

What are you guys using for a backup camera, I have a home PC installed and was thinking of using some sort of security camera with the PC, also wanted to install a second camera so both cameras double as a security system.

While I am driving I can use the backup camera as a rear view mirror and keep an eye on my trailer to ensure it tracking properly.

Suggestions?

Links to what your suggesting?

Thanks in advance.

hoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 08:09 PM   #2
Bus Nut

Re: Backup Camera?

I've got a Safety Vision system, it's black & white and only has one camera and also picks up/plays sound, but the monitor will support a 2nd camera. I bought it on Ebay for $120.... I also have a 2nd Safety Vision B & W monitor that I'm not using, and a Safety Vision color camera that is not compatible with my monitors. That Safety Vision is a high dollar unit that sells new for $300-400...

I had also purchased a basic camera that even though it was a color camera, it did work. But I had some problems with the cable and before I found a new cable I found the safety vision system. I got that on ebay for $10...

You just might be a Redneck if...
...your motor home used to be a school bus!
...Your living room has a steering wheel!
...Your home has brake lights

1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1989 Thomas Diesel Pusher (Cat 3208/Freightliner)
Chesapeake, Virginia
GoneCamping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 09:38 PM   #3
Skoolie

I want something like a PCI card I can install in the computer then add cameras to it not looking for a stand alone setup, I will play it through my 24" LCD monitor.
Old 10-24-2009, 06:41 PM   #4
Skoolie

Anybody else?
Old 10-25-2009, 05:10 AM   #5
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by volund
one of these perhaps? Probably.... (ok, let's just go with) not the best quality (maybe cheesewagon could chime in with his surveillance expertise .

Yeah I seen them on newegg (my favorite place to shop) but really was unsure what camera to buy with it was hoping to find someone that knew what would work, looking for basic not looking to spend 500 bux on electronic stuff lol