Old 12-04-2007, 03:09 PM   #11
Mini-Skoolie

Re: Batteries for a/c & tv

First off, thanks to anyone here who has tried to help me in this decision on elec power. I really feel like you guys know your stuff. I was not going to swap trannys, I was going to maybe swap vehicles. It seems like a stepvan might lend itself better for conversion to a weekender that will mostly be parked at rv parks for one night each use. My problem is a/c going down the road and I want to get that resolved before I switch or not.
customstepvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 03:38 PM   #12
Bus Nut

Year: 1993
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International
Engine: 7.3 International diesel
Rated Cap: 60

I'm telling you, you will NOT regret purchasing the Honda. I have two of them and also bought them from Mayberry's in New Jersey. The price was around $860 each. I can run them in parallel for a total of 4000 watts. That's more than enough to run everything at once in an RV. I could run my A/C, microwave, TV and lights in my travel trailer all at once. Another advantage is that in the winter when I don't need A/C, I can run just one of them. They are VERY fuel efficient. I go camping on three day weekends and can run everything all weekend on 7 or 8 gallons of gas. You just can't go wrong with the Honda. I wouldn't even look at anything else. Buy the Honda, and you'll thank us. I sure wouldn't buy that junk on E-bay. They are LOUD. I'm planning to mount my Honda's on the back of my bus, or on the roof so I can run my A/C going down the road. They're less than 50 pounds each. Just get the Honda. The extra $$ is well worth it. Mayberry's rocks. Free shipping! It only took about two days to get to my house in Oklahoma.
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i2...DSC02426-1.jpg
KC10Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 07:46 AM   #13
Mini-Skoolie

Any one that has a bus that nice and is that definite about what will work and has actually used them just has to know what he is talking about. I have made my decision and will definitely be buying two new Hondas. When I think about the other times I can use the portable ones that are a little smaller it even makes more sense. I have survived a few hurricanes without power for days here in Florida and it was no fun with the humidity and heat. Separating the 4000 watts occasionally sounds even better. Thanks, for the info. Now on to building a totally luxurious (limo type) rolling bedroom and dressing area with king size bed, recliners, bar and plasma TV, etc.
customstepvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 09:27 AM   #14
Bus Nut

Year: 1993
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International
Engine: 7.3 International diesel
Rated Cap: 60

I was curious, what is the top speed on that mini-bus? Good decision on going with the Honda's. You can get one at a time. One on them will run your A/C, but that's about it. That's what I did though... buy one at a time. If you buy two of them, you'll need a parallel kit. I paid $99 for mine on E-bay and it works great!
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i2...DSC02426-1.jpg
KC10Chief is offline   Reply With Quote