Old 07-21-2016, 09:19 PM   #11
First-I love the creative folks on this site. If there is a way, someone on here will find it. I found my "extra" battery box @ one of my suppliers (beat up under body toolbox from a flatbed) The point is keep looking and you'll find one-it may not look like a battery box but you can make it work. Necessity and mothers and all that-I'm also lucky enough to have a local weekly auction-if you're patient it will show up. Good luck!
marctheprop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 05:46 PM   #12
Bus Crazy
Year: 1988
Coachwork: Crown / Pusher
Engine: 8.3 Cummins
For starting batteries you could pull out your 8d's & in the spot where 1 8d sits put two AGM batteries for 2000 cca's & put 2 other AGM's for you solar in the other 8d spot, I also had 2 8d for my bus but it starts just fine on 1,havn't had to try it on cold weather yet tho≥
Stu & Filo. T is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 10:41 PM   #13
Batteries for house use

Here I ga again posting stuff from a Sailing book but why reinvent the wheel .
Many long term sailors have already worked out many of the issues that can come up in a school bus .

Sailboats can find themselves in some rather isolated spots so have learned to setup their equipment correctly to hopefully avoid serious problem's .

Monthly Maintenance: All Charged Up | Cruising World

there are many articles there also on wiring requirements crimp-on vs solder how to chose which batteries sizing estimates dealing with diesel motors gen-sets .
Progress doesn't come from early risers progress is made by lazy men looking for easier ways to do things.
mad_wolf is offline   Reply With Quote