Old 08-12-2009, 06:17 PM   #11
Bus Nut

Re: Bilge Pumps

Alot of geeks still Liquid Cool their PCs... I have plans to do the same when I finally have money. Looking into getting some baseboard radiator and mounting it outside...
Sojakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 07:41 PM   #12
Bus Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Czar
Water Cooling - Wheres the Magic?

pumping the heat out of the bus when its hot of course certainly makes alot of sense however
there is no better heat transport fluid ;)
wouldn't freon or other similar refrigerant (r134a) be a better heat transport fluid? Not as cheap, or easy, or practical, for every application but better at transporting heat??
Old 08-14-2009, 08:32 PM   #13
Bus Nut

Yes, but that would require alot more plumbing, and would require copper pipes...

I remember seeing a coolant that had tiny flecks of aluminum in it. Beat the pants off of any other coolant, but now I havent been able to find anything on or about it... Probably discontinued for the aluminum scratching everything up...

The only problem with that article is that it assumes that you are only using it to cool one item, the CPU. Most people I know, or have read online about, have all opted to cool their video cards, memory, motherboards, and CPU.

Plus, liquid cooling or heat pipes. Its about the same, taking the heat from one location and moving it to another for easier dissipation. I say, use whatever works. Now if Asus brings out their Ceramic Motherboard, it will get easier to cool everything down, but liquid cooling will have one more nail in it's coffin.

http://gizmodo.com/5162855/asus-mari...ceramic-plates
Sojakai is offline   Reply With Quote