Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 09-08-2017, 10:47 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie
 
byforceofwil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Eastsound, San Juan Islands, Washington
Posts: 21
Year: 2002
Coachwork: International
Chassis: RE 3000
Engine: T444E
Body mod. Removing air scoops.

I'm looking at ideas to remove the air intakes/scoops on the side of the bus so I can make more space in the back of the bus above the engine bay.
Any bus engineers or anyone have experience with that have any thoughts to lend me?
byforceofwil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 12:24 AM   #2
Skoolie
 
T-Bolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Lafayette, Indiana
Posts: 175
Year: 2003
Engine: DT530
Rated Cap: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by byforceofwil View Post
I'm looking at ideas to remove the air intakes/scoops on the side of the bus so I can make more space in the back of the bus above the engine bay.
Any bus engineers or anyone have experience with that have any thoughts to lend me?
Like this?

RE 40'

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
T-Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 12:42 AM   #3
Mini-Skoolie
 
byforceofwil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Eastsound, San Juan Islands, Washington
Posts: 21
Year: 2002
Coachwork: International
Chassis: RE 3000
Engine: T444E
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Bolt View Post
Like this?

RE 40'

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Exactly like that.
Did that interfere with anything underneath?
You know if that'll compromise the engine airflow at all?
byforceofwil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 12:44 AM   #4
Skoolie
 
T-Bolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Lafayette, Indiana
Posts: 175
Year: 2003
Engine: DT530
Rated Cap: 84
I'm not done yet but I will install vents with more square inches in the engine doors on both sides. It wad really easy to remove the vents.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
T-Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 12:55 AM   #5
Mini-Skoolie
 
byforceofwil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Eastsound, San Juan Islands, Washington
Posts: 21
Year: 2002
Coachwork: International
Chassis: RE 3000
Engine: T444E
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Bolt View Post
I'm not done yet but I will install vents with more square inches in the engine doors on both sides. It wad really easy to remove the vents.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
So you're going to modify the engine doors with those vents in the picture? I thought about that. Let me know how it goes. I might end up doing it too.
byforceofwil is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
air scoops

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.