Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-06-2008, 12:55 PM   #1
Bus Nut

Year: 1985
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: GMC
Engine: 366 propane
Rated Cap: 56
Building a waste tank

Hello All! It's been a while since I have posted. I came across floats for docks online and thought how slick they would be for use as a waste tank. All you would need to add are fittings. Just thought I would pass it along.

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/sto ... 401+501731

-Richard

captainkf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 07:31 PM   #2
Bus Geek

Send a message via MSN to the_experience03 Send a message via Yahoo to the_experience03
Re: Building a waste tank

Quote:
PermaFloat® Float Drums offer durable flotation that can be easily applied to any new or existing dock system. This includes wood, steel and aluminum docks. PermaFloat® is rotationally molded, eliminating seams that could result in long term separation and leakage. The shell is.150 inches thick and manufactured of tough virgin polyethylene with imbedded ultraviolet inhibitors. This tough durable outer shell protects your dock system from the damaging effects of sun, saltwater and freshwater, debris, oil, gas, marine organisms and pollutants. Army Corp of Engineers approved PermaFloat® drums are filled with CFC/CHIC free expanded polystyrene, providing positive uniform flotation. Designed for ease of installation, the PermaFloat® extra wide side ribbing provides easy tool access to both mounting holes and slots and adds to the overall structural integrity. The PermaFloat® complete Dock Systems offer all but the lumber necessary for dock construction both for the professional and the beg
That part could present a problem, but I have seen unfilled dock drums as well. What does a tank go for for anyway? It seems like $130 isn't that far off the mark for one designed for the job, is it?

I need to find a new fresh water tank that I can plumb my air system into. My barrel took a dive so keep the ideas coming.
Old 12-06-2008, 08:39 PM   #3
Bus Nut

I paid $45 each for my holding tanks, they are 36 gallon. Same guy selling them has more, but he's upped the price to $50 each... 36 Gallon Waste Tanks $50

This seller also sells the slip fittings for the pipes to go into them. He shipped them to me USPS....

You just might be a Redneck if...
...your motor home used to be a school bus!
...Your living room has a steering wheel!
...Your home has brake lights

1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1989 Thomas Diesel Pusher (Cat 3208/Freightliner)
Chesapeake, Virginia
GoneCamping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 03:27 PM   #4
Bus Nut

Year: 1985
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: GMC
Engine: 366 propane
Rated Cap: 56

Yup, I got the same one for my bus. I just thought I might point out an alternative.

-Richard

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneCamping
I paid $45 each for my holding tanks, they are 36 gallon. Same guy selling them has more, but he's upped the price to $50 each... 36 Gallon Waste Tanks $50

This seller also sells the slip fittings for the pipes to go into them. He shipped them to me USPS....
captainkf is offline   Reply With Quote