Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-16-2019, 08:06 PM   #1

Bus conversion companies or private builders in the Northwest?

Hello all! I'm new to this forum and this is my first post.

One of my major life goals is to do a tiny home bus conversion to live in. I am getting a Shuttle bus for the conversion.

I need to find someone who can do the full conversion work, all the carpentry, electrical, wiring, plumbing and so on. So looking for either a trusted company that does full bus conversions, or a carpenter/handyman/builder that has the skills to do a project of this scale. Looking for high-end professional quality.

I live in Seattle, but would be willing to travel somewhere close in the surrounding states to get the work done.

So please send me all your suggestions to help make my dream a reality. Thank you!

Shuttlebus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 09:32 PM   #2
Bus Nut

Year: 1995
Coachwork: AMTRAM
Chassis: INT
Engine: DT466
Rated Cap: Big Girl
I would be willing to do a build. I wanted to do a shuttle bus after I got my big bus done, but my shuttle turned out to be a crap bucket. I am in Townsend,MT
bigskypc50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 10:34 PM   #3
Skoolie

Year: 1990
Coachwork: Crown
Chassis: Supercoach
Engine: 6-71TA
Rated Cap: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuttlebus1 View Post

One of my major life goals is to do a tiny home bus conversion to live in. I am getting a Shuttle bus for the conversion.

I need to find someone who can do the full conversion work, all the carpentry, electrical, wiring, plumbing and so on. So looking for either a trusted company that does full bus conversions, or a carpenter/handyman/builder that has the skills to do a project of this scale. Looking for high-end professional quality.

I live in Seattle, but would be willing to travel somewhere close in the surrounding states to get the work done.

So please send me all your suggestions to help make my dream a reality. Thank you!

Paradise Coach Interiors in Coburg Oregon does seem real nice work.
GWRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 07:56 AM   #4
Bus Geek

Year: 2003
Coachwork: International
Chassis: CE 300
Engine: DT466e
Rated Cap: 65C-43A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuttlebus1 View Post

This is going to cost a large amount of money, and there's no way to be sure of what quality of build you're going to get out of this. There are lots of stories of people getting jacked by skoolie builders, and there's no worse feeling than watching somebody spending your money and not giving you what you want.

There are a lot of already-built skoolies around for sale, and they generally seem to sell for a lot less than the cost of the materials and the work that went into the build. Perhaps you'd do better to purchase one of these instead of having a custom one built for you. It would certainly be faster.
Old 10-17-2019, 09:22 AM   #5
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
another angle is that I wouldnt choose a shuttle bus for a high end skoolie.. or I would be sure to really insopect and make sure you are getting a High quality and very-good-shape shuttle...

fiberglass shuttles are notorious for water intrusion and black mold between the layers of the outside and inside panels..

-Christopher
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 07:44 AM   #6

I have a 2009 bluebird.I need to find someone to install electrical, solar and water supply. willing to take it to your location
elwillie2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 07:45 AM   #7
Bus Nut

I am in Townsend MT, and am not doing anything, well anything really important LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by elwillie2 View Post
I have a 2009 bluebird.I need to find someone to install electrical, solar and water supply. willing to take it to your location
Old 12-04-2022, 09:49 AM   #8

Interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigskypc50 View Post
I am in Townsend MT, and am not doing anything, well anything really important LOL

We are in Washington and could use someone for our school bus conversion
Danielle B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2022, 10:47 AM   #9
Bus Nut

Sure send me a PM I am in Great falls now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielle B View Post
We are in Washington and could use someone for our school bus conversion
Old 12-04-2022, 05:52 PM   #10

Pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigskypc50 View Post
Sure send me a PM I am in Great falls now.
I think I pm-ed you. This is my first time trying that. I'm new to this site
Danielle B is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
advice needed, builder, conversion company, conversion help