TUMBLEWEED (AKA Rufus) build:
PICTURES : ... M-HP/Rufus
thommassey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 11:54 PM   #12
Almost There
Year: 1977
Chassis: International Harvester
Re: Buying derelict rv for parts

A buddy of mine is in the process of ripping the guts out of a couple wrecked small travel trailers and putting the salvaged parts into a semi-truck's sleeper cab he's mounted to an old truck bed trailer frame. Everything has been salvaged for it.

Mainly it's just a churck-wagon and bathroom area. When I've been camping with them it is usually a big group and most either tent-camp or have a RV of some sort. The sleeper cab is mainly an easier way of carrying the generator, water sources, and bathroom for the communal area. Last time I went there was about 30 people camping together.

I'm not sure where he is in the process. I don't think he's that far past getting the parts to start the project. But last time we talked about it there was an idea of having an extra large water tank to supply the group if needed. Also having a macerator and several 50 gal plastic barrels to have in the back of a pickup to use as cheap tote tanks for grey and black water.

The idea came from the simple fact we are about half-way between Greenwich, KS and Joplin, MO. Great thing to have for camping but it is also a good preparation for friends and family in case of another nasty natural disaster. I'll get pictures next time I make it up to his place.
RavensOracle is offline   Reply With Quote