Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-05-2011, 06:09 AM   #1
Bus Nut

Coachwork: Thomas
Re: Chest Fridge Conversion

Temp gage for a freezer is pretty dang handy. Picking one up myself. Love them guys. Thinking of stopping by their place when down that way this autumn.

Seeria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 09:27 AM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 1986
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: 40 ft All American FE
Engine: 8.2LTA Fuel Pincher DD V8
Rated Cap: 89

Hmmm. I quit liking chest freezers after I fell into mine trying to get something out of the bottom. The lid dropped down on me while I was upside down in the freezer (standard chest freezer) and my feet couldn't touch the floor (I'm 5'5"... I don't think I'm all that short for a woman). Luckily David showed up to pull me out after about 15 minutes (it seemed like hours). Our next freezer was an upright and every one since for that matter . For those of you with short spouses, SOs (or kids). Think about things before you use a chest freezer as a fridge.
https://lorndavi.wordpress.com/blog/
https://i570.photobucket.com/albums/s...ps0340a6ff.jpg
lornaschinske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 11:29 PM   #3
Bus Geek

Year: 1986
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: 40 ft All American FE
Engine: 8.2LTA Fuel Pincher DD V8
Rated Cap: 89

The one I fell into was that high. I was trying to get a package of meat that was in the bottom of the almost empty freezer (we only bought meat every few months and filled the freezer up at that time). And my upright freezer will be run off a battery bank. But I was just warning against a possible "tip in". Sorry. Won't mention anything like that again.
https://lorndavi.wordpress.com/blog/
https://i570.photobucket.com/albums/s...ps0340a6ff.jpg
lornaschinske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 06:52 PM   #4
Bus Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceni John
And I always thought you were really cool . . .
Groan. Very punny.

I only (used to) "tip in" when diving into dumpsters for discarded electronic components to cannibalize.
Someone said "Making good decisions comes from experience, experience comes from bad decisions." I say there are three kinds of people: those who learn from their mistakes, those who learn from the mistakes of others, and those who never learn.
Redbear is offline   Reply With Quote