Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-22-2017, 09:45 AM   #21
Mini-Skoolie

Where did you get the plexiglass? How did you install it? I was thinking about doing this to let in some more natural light.

coach21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 10:12 AM   #22
Bus Crazy

Year: 2002
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: Bluebird
Engine: 5.9 Cummins 24v
Rated Cap: 72 pax
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdeese View Post
I have 25inx29in individual sheets that I will be riveting into the window frames from the inside of the bus.
Cool.
Love to see pics of it. I am deciding if I am going to go that route or build window blanks.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Njsurf73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 10:21 AM   #23
Bus Crazy

Year: 1988
Coachwork: Crown / Pusher
Engine: 8.3 Cummins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameses View Post
You uppity punks with your Crowns. Think you're so fancy with your aluminum bodywork.

Man, I want one of those things. Bad.
I wasn't being uppity,So what your telling me Crown is the only ones using aluminum ?
Stu & Filo. T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 03:24 PM   #24
Bus Nut

Year: 2002
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: All American
Engine: Cummins 8.3/Allison MD3060
Rated Cap: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu & Filo. T View Post
I wasn't being uppity,So what your telling me Crown is the only ones using aluminum ?

Twas a joke, my friend. I'm just jealous because I would love to have one of them.

I don't know if Crown is the only one. Gillig might've used aluminum, I don't know. But Blue Bird, Thomas, and Amtran/IC only use steel.
Rameses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 05:51 PM   #25
Bus Crazy

Year: 1988
Coachwork: Crown / Pusher
Engine: 8.3 Cummins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameses View Post
Twas a joke, my friend. I'm just jealous because I would love to have one of them.

I don't know if Crown is the only one. Gillig might've used aluminum, I don't know. But Blue Bird, Thomas, and Amtran/IC only use steel.
LOL, yes I know it was in fun, trust me I don't get upset or take much personal & I'm more than capable of laughing at myself.
Stu & Filo. T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 09:47 PM   #26
Almost There

Year: 2001
Chassis: International
Engine: T444E 3800 7.3L
What did you do to your buzzer wires? I cut mine and it won't stop buzzing. I'm going to the junk yard to see if I can find 2 pieces of 30x30 sheet metal, but in the meantime, do I just need to remove the ground screw and cut the wire where the barrel connector is on the right? or should I remove the black sheathing and barrel connect the ground and the positive wire together?
Attached Thumbnails
20170421_183406.jpg  
Marvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 10:49 PM   #27
Bus Geek

Coachwork: 97 Bluebird TC1000 5.9
Those buzzers are open door or hatch warnings. If the switches aren't in the right position the interlock system is activated and the bus won't start. Anybody that clips the wires usually ends up in about a week long study about how to disable the interlock system so they bus will work again. It's not that hard, but usually every bus seems to be wired a little different. You're going to get to know your wiring system pretty well before you move your bus again.
I still haven't disabled my interlock system, or cut wires, for fear of not being able to start the bus. When I know what I'm doing I'll disable the interlock, but until then...
There are videos on youtube showing how others have diabled the interlock system. I try to stay away from electrical things.
Old 04-22-2017, 10:18 PM   #28
Almost There

Update: Mine doesn't have the interlock system apparently. The buzzing was happening because the wires that I clipped must have been touching and caused the issue. Once I cut them back and capped off the ends, it stopped buzzing. Whew, much easier than I thought.

The bus didn't start because the battery needed to be charged since I hadn't started it in a while. I need to get one of those cutoff switch things.

All is well
Old 04-22-2017, 10:34 PM   #29
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
Update: Mine doesn't have the interlock system apparently. The buzzing was happening because the wires that I clipped must have been touching and caused the issue. Once I cut them back and capped off the ends, it stopped buzzing. Whew, much easier than I thought.

The bus didn't start because the battery needed to be charged since I hadn't started it in a while. I need to get one of those cutoff switch things.

All is well
Congrats man!
If things go right tomorrow, I should be free of my leaky emergency hatch too!
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 10:51 PM   #30
Almost There

That's awesome. Yeah, it doesn't rain here for weeks and as soon as I take the hatches off it sprinkled all day. Grrrr, so yeah, I didn't get any sanding on the floor done today and have a tarp over the escape hatches. Fancy

So I just stayed in a hot bus and removed the heater today, so it wasn't a complete failure.

I measured the holes and it's 28x28 so since I didn't have roof panels that I could use, I'm going to find some junk yards near me to see if I can get some. Home Depot only has 24x24 sheets available unfortunately.
Old 04-22-2017, 11:01 PM   #31
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
That's awesome. Yeah, it doesn't rain here for weeks and as soon as I take the hatches off it sprinkled all day. Grrrr, so yeah, I didn't get any sanding on the floor done today and have a tarp over the escape hatches. Fancy

So I just stayed in a hot bus and removed the heater today, so it wasn't a complete failure.

I measured the holes and it's 28x28 so since I didn't have roof panels that I could use, I'm going to find some junk yards near me to see if I can get some. Home Depot only has 24x24 sheets available unfortunately.
I've got stainless NICE rivets and raw sheets of steel. Come on over man.
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote