Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-26-2010, 07:18 PM   #21
Bus Crazy

Re: Crappy thoughts?

i see new rv's are coming out with bigger toilets that look like house hold toilets minus the tank. still functions like a normal rv toilet though.

Stuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 09:54 PM   #22
Bus Geek

Year: 1986
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: 40 ft All American FE
Engine: 8.2LTA Fuel Pincher DD V8
Rated Cap: 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuff
i see new rv's are coming out with bigger toilets that look like house hold toilets minus the tank. still functions like a normal rv toilet though.
That's for the folks with bigger tushes!
https://lorndavi.wordpress.com/blog/
https://i570.photobucket.com/albums/s...ps0340a6ff.jpg
lornaschinske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 09:11 AM   #23
Bus Nut

Coachwork: Thomas

Yeah pretty much what Lulu said. If you're using the toilet for WASTE and not composting (which takes a LONG time for humanure to safely compost, try 2 years if done right) then no need to separate. Unless you have it sitting there for long periods. Urine with crap will smell FAST. If you're dumping once a day, using saw dust, I wouldn't bother separating. If not, then ya might want to put a cute little pee shoot or bowl in that drains to a tank. Hard to do with kids around so I've found. They're not used to holding the flow.
Seeria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 12:16 PM   #24
Bus Geek

Year: 1986
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: 40 ft All American FE
Engine: 8.2LTA Fuel Pincher DD V8
Rated Cap: 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr LuLu
... Lorna: I can't imagine why the health dept would an issue with a composting toilet in your food cart...
Not the food cart... our "home". It freaks them out (in varying degrees) as to our "home" situation. The Mobile Kitchen we build will have a Thetford porti-potti (old one we have had for a few years in storage) slid into a closet. You would have to see some of the portajons that we have had to use at flea markets/festivals. And to think most of the illegal food vendors don't even have hand wash facilities! And then they touch the food with their bare hands!
https://lorndavi.wordpress.com/blog/
https://i570.photobucket.com/albums/s...ps0340a6ff.jpg
lornaschinske is offline   Reply With Quote