Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 07-19-2019, 09:26 PM   #1
Bus Geek
 
o1marc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Dawsonville, Ga.
Posts: 7,142
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
Crazy Bus Crash Compilation from India

I'm never going to go to India. Some of these are just brutal stupidity. Is a 5th grade education alls that needed to drive a commercial bus.





o1marc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 10:07 PM   #2
Bus Nut
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 831
Year: 1990
Coachwork: integral
Chassis: Crown Supercoach II (rear engine)
Engine: Detroit 6V92TAC, DDEC 2, Jake brake, Allison HT740
Rated Cap: 37,400 lbs GVWR
India drives on the left. The first clips (I couldn't be bothered to see the rest) are driving on the right, ergo they are NOT in India. So saying, Indians, and Nepalis and others of the subcontinent, have a somewhat fatalistic approach to driving, and they assume that if they become steak tartare on the roads then it's their chosen god's intention. I just have a slight problem with Pakistani drivers who say Insh'Allah when navigating Lowari Pass in the Karakoram mountains at night with no working headlights in an ancient Willys Jeep carrying 18 people, or lunatic Buddhist monks moonlighting in New Delhi at night driving tuktuks so fast that we went round some corners on two wheels. Cycling in India and Nepal in comparison was really quite safe, most of the time. My general rule when traveling by bus in India and especially in Nepal was to sit on the roof, along with all the goats/chickens/women/cargo/etc - not only was it cooler and you could see everything, but if an accident were imminent you could just bail out and jump off. Too bad that Greyhound here doesn't also offer Roof Class.

John
Iceni John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 09:56 AM   #3
Bus Nut
 
musigenesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 694
Year: 2003
Coachwork: International
Chassis: CE 300
Engine: DT466
Rated Cap: 65C-43A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceni John View Post
India drives on the left. The first clips (I couldn't be bothered to see the rest) are driving on the right, ergo they are NOT in India. So saying, Indians, and Nepalis and others of the subcontinent, have a somewhat fatalistic approach to driving, and they assume that if they become steak tartare on the roads then it's their chosen god's intention. I just have a slight problem with Pakistani drivers who say Insh'Allah when navigating Lowari Pass in the Karakoram mountains at night with no working headlights in an ancient Willys Jeep carrying 18 people, or lunatic Buddhist monks moonlighting in New Delhi at night driving tuktuks so fast that we went round some corners on two wheels. Cycling in India and Nepal in comparison was really quite safe, most of the time. My general rule when traveling by bus in India and especially in Nepal was to sit on the roof, along with all the goats/chickens/women/cargo/etc - not only was it cooler and you could see everything, but if an accident were imminent you could just bail out and jump off. Too bad that Greyhound here doesn't also offer Roof Class.

John
I skimmed through it and didn't see a single crash that looked to be from India (I've also been to India). OP should probably do more research than just reading the title - even the first comment on YouTube mentions these are not from India.

Driving in India is indeed an insane experience, but it happens at a generally slower speed than in the US so you don't get buses exploding and whatnot.
__________________
Rusty 87 build thread
musigenesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 10:38 AM   #4
Bus Nut
 
plfking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: N.C.
Posts: 802
Year: 1997
Coachwork: Bluebird
Engine: DT466E
Rated Cap: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by o1marc View Post
I'm never going to go to India. Some of these are just brutal stupidity. Is a 5th grade education alls that needed to drive a commercial bus.
What level of education is required to drive through flowerbeds and run into light poles?
__________________
Don

The Busted Flush
plfking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 10:48 AM   #5
Skoolie
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Lebanon, Indiana
Posts: 120
Coachwork: In the market
I don't blame the OP. The YouTube video itself references India in its title and its not necessarily the OP's intention to represent factual accuracy, rather just to share some admittingly morbid infotainment with the group. FWIW, I watched both in full and the one with the school bus driver flung out of his seat was fairly recently and right here in Central Indiana. Along with that, Indiana has a huge problem with drivers failing to yield to school buses and many children have been struck. Some local schools have coordinated with local police and a cruiser will actually follow school buses on daily routes just to catch the a-holes who think they're too important to stop for kids crossing the street for the school bus.
Sehnsucht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 11:12 AM   #6
Bus Geek
 
o1marc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Dawsonville, Ga.
Posts: 7,142
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by plfking View Post
What level of education is required to drive through flowerbeds and run into light poles?
What level of education is needed to cut a straight line? Driving a bus is not the same as a car, so a learning curve is expected, if you get through without a scratch, you got lucky. What level of educatrion does it take to not put a drill through the back of your hand?
o1marc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 11:16 AM   #7
Bus Geek
 
o1marc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Dawsonville, Ga.
Posts: 7,142
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sehnsucht View Post
I don't blame the OP. The YouTube video itself references India in its title and its not necessarily the OP's intention to represent factual accuracy, rather just to share some admittingly morbid infotainment with the group. FWIW, I watched both in full and the one with the school bus driver flung out of his seat was fairly recently and right here in Central Indiana. Along with that, Indiana has a huge problem with drivers failing to yield to school buses and many children have been struck. Some local schools have coordinated with local police and a cruiser will actually follow school buses on daily routes just to catch the a-holes who think they're too important to stop for kids crossing the street for the school bus.

I don't know what the penalty is for passing a bus with the stop sign out, but it needs to be very serious. If I was kid coming from ball practice and was carrying a bat. I would smack the windshield of any car that disobeyed that sign. A couple of those kids got close. To go by a bus with the stop sign out, the driver honking the horn , flashing lights and yelling at them as they pass. Should be a jailable offense.
o1marc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 12:14 PM   #8
Bus Crazy
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Picton,Ont, Can.
Posts: 1,713
Year: 1997
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: GMC
Engine: Cat 3116
Rated Cap: 72
There is a fine in Ontario for not obeying school bus signals, 2 grand I believe. Pretty sure you are on camera also so no escape from fine or jail.


John
__________________
Question everything!
BlackJohn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 12:16 PM   #9
Bus Crazy
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Picton,Ont, Can.
Posts: 1,713
Year: 1997
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: GMC
Engine: Cat 3116
Rated Cap: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by o1marc View Post
What level of education is needed to cut a straight line? Driving a bus is not the same as a car, so a learning curve is expected, if you get through without a scratch, you got lucky. What level of educatrion does it take to not put a drill through the back of your hand?

Must be the same level of education that makes people grab a hot weld


John
__________________
Question everything!
BlackJohn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 12:21 PM   #10
Bus Geek
 
o1marc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Dawsonville, Ga.
Posts: 7,142
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJohn View Post
Must be the same level of education that makes people grab a hot weld


John
I didn't realize we had so manys Gods on this forum that have never erred in their lifetime, I'm in awe.
o1marc is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:03 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.