Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-19-2019, 09:26 PM   #1
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
Crazy Bus Crash Compilation from India

I'm never going to go to India. Some of these are just brutal stupidity. Is a 5th grade education alls that needed to drive a commercial bus.

o1marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 10:07 PM   #2
Bus Crazy

Year: 1990
Coachwork: Crown, integral. (With 2kW of tiltable solar)
Chassis: Crown Supercoach II (rear engine)
Engine: Detroit 6V92TAC, DDEC 2, Jake brake, Allison HT740
Rated Cap: 37,400 lbs GVWR
India drives on the left. The first clips (I couldn't be bothered to see the rest) are driving on the right, ergo they are NOT in India. So saying, Indians, and Nepalis and others of the subcontinent, have a somewhat fatalistic approach to driving, and they assume that if they become steak tartare on the roads then it's their chosen god's intention. I just have a slight problem with Pakistani drivers who say Insh'Allah when navigating Lowari Pass in the Karakoram mountains at night with no working headlights in an ancient Willys Jeep carrying 18 people, or lunatic Buddhist monks moonlighting in New Delhi at night driving tuktuks so fast that we went round some corners on two wheels. Cycling in India and Nepal in comparison was really quite safe, most of the time. My general rule when traveling by bus in India and especially in Nepal was to sit on the roof, along with all the goats/chickens/women/cargo/etc - not only was it cooler and you could see everything, but if an accident were imminent you could just bail out and jump off. Too bad that Greyhound here doesn't also offer Roof Class.

John
Iceni John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 09:56 AM   #3
Bus Geek

Year: 2003
Coachwork: International
Chassis: CE 300
Engine: DT466e
Rated Cap: 65C-43A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceni John View Post
India drives on the left. The first clips (I couldn't be bothered to see the rest) are driving on the right, ergo they are NOT in India. So saying, Indians, and Nepalis and others of the subcontinent, have a somewhat fatalistic approach to driving, and they assume that if they become steak tartare on the roads then it's their chosen god's intention. I just have a slight problem with Pakistani drivers who say Insh'Allah when navigating Lowari Pass in the Karakoram mountains at night with no working headlights in an ancient Willys Jeep carrying 18 people, or lunatic Buddhist monks moonlighting in New Delhi at night driving tuktuks so fast that we went round some corners on two wheels. Cycling in India and Nepal in comparison was really quite safe, most of the time. My general rule when traveling by bus in India and especially in Nepal was to sit on the roof, along with all the goats/chickens/women/cargo/etc - not only was it cooler and you could see everything, but if an accident were imminent you could just bail out and jump off. Too bad that Greyhound here doesn't also offer Roof Class.

John
I skimmed through it and didn't see a single crash that looked to be from India (I've also been to India). OP should probably do more research than just reading the title - even the first comment on YouTube mentions these are not from India.

Driving in India is indeed an insane experience, but it happens at a generally slower speed than in the US so you don't get buses exploding and whatnot.
Old 07-20-2019, 10:38 AM   #4
Bus Crazy

Year: 1997
Coachwork: Bluebird
Engine: DT466E
Rated Cap: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by o1marc View Post
I'm never going to go to India. Some of these are just brutal stupidity. Is a 5th grade education alls that needed to drive a commercial bus.
What level of education is required to drive through flowerbeds and run into light poles?

The Busted Flush
plfking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 10:48 AM   #5
Bus Nut

Year: 2000
Coachwork: Winnebago
Chassis: Ford F53
Engine: Ford Triton V-10
Rated Cap: currently 2
I don't blame the OP. The YouTube video itself references India in its title and its not necessarily the OP's intention to represent factual accuracy, rather just to share some admittingly morbid infotainment with the group. FWIW, I watched both in full and the one with the school bus driver flung out of his seat was fairly recently and right here in Central Indiana. Along with that, Indiana has a huge problem with drivers failing to yield to school buses and many children have been struck. Some local schools have coordinated with local police and a cruiser will actually follow school buses on daily routes just to catch the a-holes who think they're too important to stop for kids crossing the street for the school bus.
Sehnsucht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 11:12 AM   #6
Bus Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by plfking View Post
What level of education is required to drive through flowerbeds and run into light poles?
What level of education is needed to cut a straight line? Driving a bus is not the same as a car, so a learning curve is expected, if you get through without a scratch, you got lucky. What level of educatrion does it take to not put a drill through the back of your hand?
Old 07-20-2019, 11:16 AM   #7
Bus Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sehnsucht View Post
I don't blame the OP. The YouTube video itself references India in its title and its not necessarily the OP's intention to represent factual accuracy, rather just to share some admittingly morbid infotainment with the group. FWIW, I watched both in full and the one with the school bus driver flung out of his seat was fairly recently and right here in Central Indiana. Along with that, Indiana has a huge problem with drivers failing to yield to school buses and many children have been struck. Some local schools have coordinated with local police and a cruiser will actually follow school buses on daily routes just to catch the a-holes who think they're too important to stop for kids crossing the street for the school bus.

I don't know what the penalty is for passing a bus with the stop sign out, but it needs to be very serious. If I was kid coming from ball practice and was carrying a bat. I would smack the windshield of any car that disobeyed that sign. A couple of those kids got close. To go by a bus with the stop sign out, the driver honking the horn , flashing lights and yelling at them as they pass. Should be a jailable offense.
Old 07-20-2019, 12:14 PM   #8
Bus Crazy

Chassis: GMC
Engine: Cat 3116
Rated Cap: 72
There is a fine in Ontario for not obeying school bus signals, 2 grand I believe. Pretty sure you are on camera also so no escape from fine or jail.

John
Old 07-20-2019, 12:16 PM   #9
Bus Crazy

Chassis: GMC
Engine: Cat 3116
Quote:
Originally Posted by o1marc View Post
What level of education is needed to cut a straight line? Driving a bus is not the same as a car, so a learning curve is expected, if you get through without a scratch, you got lucky. What level of educatrion does it take to not put a drill through the back of your hand?

Must be the same level of education that makes people grab a hot weld

John
Old 07-20-2019, 12:21 PM   #10
Bus Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJohn View Post
Must be the same level of education that makes people grab a hot weld

John
I didn't realize we had so manys Gods on this forum that have never erred in their lifetime, I'm in awe.
Old 08-09-2019, 12:44 PM   #11
Skoolie

Year: 1998
Coachwork: Tomas
Engine: 7.3l
Holly hell good thing my bus driver wasn't that high

Oh wait I'm the driver
Frogpondfoug is offline   Reply With Quote