Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-02-2016, 08:35 AM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

DC Run A/C

Hey y'all I am looking at installing the DC solar air conditioning unit from hot spot energy in va. Have any of you read about, thought about, or installed it. They have one that works without batteries or inverter. They have another one that is a complete set. The only thing I am thinking is that while it sounds promising I would have 3 solar panels to operate just the DC A/C, which would be fine, I then wouldn't have to worry about a generator. I would rather put my money into solar even if the price rage is a bit higher. Please I would love to hear your thoughts.

Secondly, for heating, I am looking at installing a mini wood stove, with a cook top. Now that fall is upon us and winter is approaching, I am going to need heat before too long. I have seen lots of pics on the internet that it can be done, have y'all done it and I just missed that feed on here, I am really wanting something non propane, any advice or brands to check out? Please let me know.

Other than that, the bus is coming along and looking sharp, I put sheet metal over the old window housings, purchased a few new rev windows to install after spray insulation in two weeks, flooring has a rust oleum coat on it and is ready for thermal paper and bamboo hardwoods. We are still well under budget, as most things we have picked up for free or built ourselves. Our wheelchair accessible Skokie is coming together and looking great. (98 bluebird).

Also, I know there was talk about a Skoolie meet up in the spring. I would just like to throw out that FORT PICKENS PARK in Pensecola would be an awesome place to meet up its beautiful year round and has plenty of RV parking, trails, and of course the fort.

Schoolhouse mama is offline   Reply With Quote