Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-27-2006, 06:59 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Send a message via AIM to Clyde
Denver area?

Anyone know of a yard or stash of older busses in the Denver Co. area?

Clyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 07:30 AM   #2
Bus Nut

I bought mine from a young fellow by the name of Jason Windecker. He lives just outside of Denver to the east. I know this is sketchy but I bought my bus 2.5 years ago and I don't know the Denver area well enough to know whether or not his area is in the main phone book (and I no longer have his number). He lives on a farm and buys and sells buses. He had several nice ones when I picked mine up and he was very pleasant to deal with. I flew in from Seattle to drive the bus home and he was very accurate in his description of the condition of the bus.

As always YMMV so check things out thoroughly.

Good luck

Skoolie.net Gallery
Illusion's SmugMug site
Les Lampman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 07:26 PM   #3
Mini-Skoolie

Hey Les, thanks for the info, I will look into that, do you recall if he sold parts? or just complete?
Old 03-28-2006, 08:10 PM   #4
Bus Nut

Hi Clyde,

I don't know for sure. He had a large barn with lots of parts in it but I never asked about them; don't know if they were for the buses he had there are just parts in general that he picked up from his business.

Ok, had a bit of time just now to look at a Colorado map. Jason was located in Bennett (had a Bennett mailing address); he was just a few miles south of I-70 on Hwy 6 I believe.

Skoolie.net Gallery
Illusion's SmugMug site
Les Lampman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 10:14 PM   #5
Mini-Skoolie

I,ll check him out,, I know I am gonna want a 2 speed rear for mine...
Old 04-07-2006, 11:43 PM   #6
Bus Nut

Clyde, I also live in Denver, well at least for a couple more months. There is a guy that lives near FT Collins. He mostly sells RTD buses though. I can try to find his contact info if you want.
busone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 09:01 AM   #7
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by busone
Clyde, I also live in Denver, well at least for a couple more months. There is a guy that lives near FT Collins. He mostly sells RTD buses though. I can try to find his contact info if you want.
Hey thanks,, as you know, every little bit helps, altho i wouldnt touch any of rtds retired junk gilligs and flexs for any amount of money,, I used to tow for first transit, and laidlaw, and i know how bad off there stuff is...
Old 04-09-2006, 12:31 AM   #8
Bus Nut

Yeah RTD seems to let their buses go to all heck. I have seen lots of them with the engine door hanging crooked and rusted. I remember as a kid riding an old RTD fishbowl. I was sitting on the back seat and the amount of exhaust coming in under the seat actually burned my legs a little bit. Being a stupid kid I did not realize that super hot smoky air is not supposed to be blowing from under the seat. I am suprised we all did not suffocate on that bus.

I remember a place on SantaFe just south of Highlands Ranch that used to have a lot of skoolies and other buses. The last time I drove by there I did not see if they were still there. It might have been called davis bus sales or something like that.

You might call Greg (352-442-2270)and see if he knows of any good bus places around here. He has connections all over the country.
busone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 11:10 PM   #9
Mini-Skoolie

Ok cool, I will have to take a look down there, and see if they are still there, I get down there once in a while, I drive a tractor trailer here locally doing heavy haul,, big equipment etc, so i get around quite a bit... thanks, Clyde
Old 05-28-2006, 08:31 PM   #10
Mini-Skoolie

There is another bus yard on the south side of Monument Hill. Lots of skoolies, and when I passed by there last week, it even looked like they had a couple of at least partially completed conversions. I don't know if they do parts, but it's very easy to find as it's literally right off of I-25, on the west side of the highway.
2006 Chevy Aveo LS
Wolfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 08:57 AM   #11
Mini-Skoolie

Oh yeah, right behind the port, I forgot about that place,, i will have to slide in there...