Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-27-2007, 03:44 PM   #21

Re: designing floor plans do's and don'ts

I like what the others have written; don't bother with an expensive computer program when graph paper to scale works just as well. In my opinion even better because you can modify plans on the go with a simple pencil and eraser. One of the most important things you can do is remain cognizant of your space underneath the bus. It would be a bad mistake if on your plan you planned a sink and shower over top of one of your gas tanks, air tanks, etc. It is much simpler to have those types of items over empty space so that you have room to install your gray, black, and fresh water tanks.

fightingsiouxbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 02:13 AM   #22
Bus Geek

Year: 1992
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: TC-2000 Frt Eng, Tranny:MT643
Engine: 5,9 Cummins
Rated Cap: 84

One tidbit of a suggestion from my experience with my first bus (RIP):
We did not have any passenger seats specifically set up for traveling. What we had, was a dinette set -- a "Denny's booth" -- on each side. The booths were simply bus seats, two of them turned around, and home made tables. "Seating eight for dinner" was the priority. We figured we could always suffer thru getting there.
Turned out, we loved the dinettes for traveling with up to four passengers. The passengers liked lounging sideways on the seats, and they liked resting their arms on the tables.
So my suggestion is to not bother with "travel seats", unless you are going to have a lot of passengers.

Elliot Naess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 06:12 PM   #23
Skoolie

Year: 1950
Coachwork: don't know
Chassis: cheverolet
Engine: to be determined
Rated Cap: 28

since its just my wife and I I plan on having a dinner table a love seat and a lazyboy duplicate to the one I have at home. Lots of good naps taken there. Heck I will probably spend more time in the bus than at home maybe I'll move my favorite chair there and put the new on in my home
delbertinie is offline   Reply With Quote