Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-17-2017, 09:40 PM   #1
Bus Nut

Year: 2003
Chassis: E-450
Engine: 7.3 Turbo
Did you like elastomeric paint?

There are several great threads here about elastomeric paint. The reflective properties have been well documented, and it seems to be a popular choice for roofs.

But one thing I haven't found conclusive reports on is the long-term durability of the paint.

I see lots of people choosing to paint with it. I see some people saying that they would choose regular white paint because elastomeric paint will fade/turn yellow and/or pickup dirt and debris.

I haven't seen anyone posting details of their long-term experience and why they did or didn't like it.

If you have used it for anything, please share your opinions of it after seeing it in use over time.

Old 05-18-2017, 08:17 AM   #2
Bus Nut

Year: 1993
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: Ford B600
Engine: Cummins 5.9
Rated Cap: 20 person
Quote:
Originally Posted by PigPen View Post
There are several great threads here about elastomeric paint. The reflective properties have been well documented, and it seems to be a popular choice for roofs.

But one thing I haven't found conclusive reports on is the long-term durability of the paint.

I see lots of people choosing to paint with it. I see some people saying that they would choose regular white paint because elastomeric paint will fade/turn yellow and/or pickup dirt and debris.

I haven't seen anyone posting details of their long-term experience and why they did or didn't like it.

If you have used it for anything, please share your opinions of it after seeing it in use over time.
I will be interested in responses as well. I even considered having the roof painted with white colored linex (bed liner). That way its not so slippery when you are walking on the roof.
Youtube - bit.ly/TheBowserJournal
BowserJournal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
elastomeric, solarflex