Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-17-2017, 09:49 AM   #41
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: Blue Bird TC RE 3904, Flat Nose, 40', 277" wh base
Engine: 8.3L Cummins ISC 260hp, MT643, 4.44 rear
Rated Cap: 84 pax or 1 RV; 33,000lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillackid View Post
onlinepros is an auction house they sell stuff as schools come to them.. Cy-Fair is where mine came from and they have an auction starting later in february.. there may not be busses.. there may be.. no way to know unless you got lucky and called the district direct to see..
Yeah I get that. What is Cy-Fair?

Late Feb seems odd to me but then I'm not an accountant. Are the schools on the calendar year or fiscal year? I would think buses would flood the market in June when school is out. But if the fiscal year is offset by a quarter, March makes sense.

Quote:
whats a window-licker bus?
Your buses; the shorties. The kids are the window lickers since they are riding the short bus.
Quote:
ill take a DogNose. (full size chassis with a hood.. not a van cutaway).. any day.. easy to work on..
I want a full size bus to convert. A hood adds 5 feet of parking area required without an increase in living space.

Quote:
turf has it right.. Busses are expensive.. they are commercial trucks... they take oil and coolant by the gallons.. tires are by the '6', ...

nevertheless even a guy like me not afraid to turn wrenches spends $$ on the busses..

-Christopher
I'm not afraid to turn wrenches either. I don't know that I could handle a rebuild by myself but after seeing a bill for $9k, I'd certainly give it a try.

Brewerbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 09:55 AM   #42
Skoolie

Year: 1996
Coachwork: Thomas 72 passenger
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: 230HP DT466 engine MD3060 transmission
I guess I'm used to seeing high mile rusty buses. But I think this bus looks good. And that DT466 is worth the price of the bus alone. I love mine. But $2500 is a sweet deal in my books.
Clayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 10:01 AM   #43
Bus Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayton View Post
I guess I'm used to seeing high mile rusty buses. But I think this bus looks good. And that DT466 is worth the price of the bus alone. I love mine. But $2500 is a sweet deal in my books.
Side topic...
I need to talk to you and BurlKing about your buses!!!

Do either of you use your buses in your local winters? If so, how did you insulate?
Old 01-17-2017, 10:30 AM   #44
Skoolie

Year: 2000
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: International
Engine: t444e
Cy-fair is the school district Chris' 2nd bus came from, they do a lot of highway driving and have money so their buses are in great shape and roll coal down the road.

In Texas all school districts have to report their maintenance records to the state so there is no piss poor maintenance allowed. Flatnosers come up pretty often, it just depends on the district.

rene bates auctioneers is another one that does mostly upstate TX school district auctions.
ChiliChzPoopTart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 10:31 AM   #45
Bus Nut

BrewerBob... Cy-Fair is short for Cypress Fairbanks. It is a large school district just N/W of Houston. They seem to have a good reputation for maintaining their fleet well.
1olfart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 10:35 AM   #46
Bus Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiliChzPoopTart View Post
Cy-fair is the school district Chris' 2nd bus came from, they do a lot of highway driving and have money so their buses are in great shape and roll coal down the road.

In Texas all school districts have to report their maintenance records to the state so there is no piss poor maintenance allowed. Flatnosers come up pretty often, it just depends on the district.

rene bates auctioneers is another one that does mostly upstate TX school district auctions.
I has a people in Houston, a few peoples in Dallas/Ft.Worth, and a people in San Antonio. I can definitely include TX as a location.
Old 01-17-2017, 11:10 AM   #47
Bus Geek

Who wants to check this bus out for me?

https://www.renebates.com/a_lot.php?id=237&lot=1&cat=16