Old 04-21-2016, 07:33 PM   #31
Bus Nut
Originally Posted by Docsgsxr View Post
It depends on the person using it. I really don't want to fabricate a support frame for a genny. Id have to hang it on the bottom of my bus near the front, which makes servicing it, always a chore.
I've seen a build (can't remember where) that the front steps were cut out and move mid-ship. This left a large area where the steps used to be to build a frame for the generator which sat on slide out rails. Also allowed for flooring inside over the previous step area and mounting of a passenger seat. Has anyone done this or remember seeing it?
dgorila1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 11:43 AM   #32
Bus Nut
Year: 2000
Chassis: Blue Bird
Engine: ISC 8.3
That's very nearly what I'm doing, but I don't think I posted any pictures of it yet, so it probably isn't mine you're envisioning. Mine already had a mid-ship door so I simply deleted the front door. Was going to put the generator there where the stairs were, but it's just a little too big to fit comfortably. Also didn't really care for having the generator making noise on the right hand side of the bus because if we're sitting around outside, we'll almost certainly be seated on that side. Instead I'll have a storage bin where the front stairs were, and the generator on drawer slides on the left side of the bus.

Maybe the one you're recalling was one of these:
kimberlink in 2012
RazorCityDen in 2009
There are lots of references to one done by sportyrick, but I haven't been able to find any source material. I'm guessing it was done around 2009 but the photo albums only go back to 2014 now..?
family wagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 12:00 PM   #33
Year: 1997
Chassis: Ford e-350 single wheel
Engine: 5.4 litre
Rated Cap: 12
Big HO alternator is a good idea, although I'm hear to tell you to stay away from Powermaster alternators. First one I bought burned up so I sent it back as per the warranty. 2 weeks go by so I had to buy another one to get my jeep back on the road. Then powermaster calls me and said its my fault that it burned up. Of course I don't understand how charging my battery in a jeep is my fault but whatever. 6 months later my new powermaster alternator burns up and they tell me its not their fault. WTF.. So I bought a cheap alternator from auto zone and never had a problem since.
leadsled01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 09:22 PM   #34
Bus Nut
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freight-shaker (Freightliner)
Engine: Cat 3126b 250 HP
Rated Cap: Only 1 seat
Where did you buy your powermaster?

The one I'm looking at is a power max brand.... Fishy????
My build thread - viewtopic.php?f=9&t=467197
Docsgsxr is offline   Reply With Quote