Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 09-13-2016, 08:33 AM   #1
Mini-Skoolie
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 13
Don Brown sales?

Hi, again. I was wondering if anyone knows anything about (Don Brown sales , Buscrazy.net). I live in New York and found this place on line. They have a very large selection, but when I was talking to the guy on the phone he let it slip that they are not aloud to advertise here. Is there something about this place I should be aware of?


Thanks for any input.
djmel85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 11:43 AM   #2
Bus Geek
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Columbus Ohio
Posts: 5,044
Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International S3800
Engine: DT360
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
steve from there ripped through this site with ad after ad for his busses at one time so i think he got banned...

I talked to them when I got my bus.. steve was clueless as he had never sold busses before so he wasnt knowledgeable but was eager and tried to be helpful..

like any dealer (asnd most on this site hate bus dealers.. though I bought mine at a dealer and happy with it.. yes I paid more but it was easy and i got to look at and drive a bunch of busses in one place)... you will pay more at a dealer as they go to the auctions, buy busses like anyone can do then they mark them up...

the busses at don brown look like any other busses.. however he has a ton of the 'VT365' internationals.. with the 6.0 that has had alot of issues.. he also has some nice busses.. if paying higher price at a dealer id definitely be going to look at busses where you can crawl around, test drive them, etc..

-Christopher
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 12:42 PM   #3
Mini-Skoolie
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 13
Ok thank you
djmel85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 01:35 PM   #4
Site Team
 
crazycal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 4,079
I bought a bus from them. I found their description less than truthful. If they were down the street, it wouldn't have been a big deal. But I came from California.

As far as them not being able to advertise. I don't believe they asked the site owners. Every time someone asked a question, they were pushing their dealership. They were trying to "help people" they said.
__________________
I'm hungry!

You Gotta Let Me Fly
crazycal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 05:08 PM   #5
Bus Geek
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Columbus Ohio
Posts: 5,044
Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International S3800
Engine: DT360
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycal View Post
I bought a bus from them. I found their description less than truthful. If they were down the street, it wouldn't have been a big deal. But I came from California.

As far as them not being able to advertise. I don't believe they asked the site owners. Every time someone asked a question, they were pushing their dealership. They were trying to "help people" they said.

and steve even admitted to me that he knew less about busses in general than i did... I was asking about what transmission was in a bus and he didnt even know where the label was to get me the numbers so I could pull it up on myallison.

what eventually piushed me off was me asking only about short busses WITH A/C and he kept sending me pics and links to long busses without A/C.. or of cutaways when i had specifically said i wanted nothing to do with cutaways... so I gave up on him..

then you are right i saw him just posting in each and every thread over and over..

-Christopher
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 11:16 PM   #6
Bus Nut
 
oricha1984's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 350
Year: 2000
Chassis: Ford E450
Engine: 7.3 L
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmel85 View Post
Hi, again. I was wondering if anyone knows anything about (Don Brown sales , Buscrazy.net). I live in New York and found this place on line. They have a very large selection, but when I was talking to the guy on the phone he let it slip that they are not aloud to advertise here. Is there something about this place I should be aware of?


Thanks for any input.
Govdeals.com
Publicsurplus.com
If you have time and want to do some research.




Sent from my BLU LIFE ONE X using Tapatalk
__________________
A male Nurse playing diesel Mechanic . . .
oricha1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 01:06 PM   #7
Mini-Skoolie
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 13
@ orichal1984 Thks just found that site I really like it
djmel85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 01:08 PM   #8
Mini-Skoolie
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 13
@ Crazycal , Thanks and good to know sorry for your luck hope it worked out in the end.
djmel85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 01:22 AM   #9
Mini-Skoolie
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Kirkland, WA
Posts: 58
I talked to them after I was given contact info via a FB group. I was/am having a heck of a time finding the bus I want and I was told to call 'right now' and that they had a few of the type of bus I was looking for in stock in my price range.
I called- left a message. Called again the next day. Asked on the FB thread if it was a bad time... a week later I finally got through and not only did they not have that type of bus in my price range, they didn't have *any* short busses available that were from regions without snow or salted roads. Moreover the person I worked with didn't seem to know anything about transmissions or even length of vehicles listed.

It wasn't a great experience from my end. Better than Harlow's Bus sales- that was horrific.
marbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 07:00 AM   #10
Bus Geek
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Columbus Ohio
Posts: 5,044
Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International S3800
Engine: DT360
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
Quote:
Originally Posted by marbury View Post
I talked to them after I was given contact info via a FB group. I was/am having a heck of a time finding the bus I want and I was told to call 'right now' and that they had a few of the type of bus I was looking for in stock in my price range.
I called- left a message. Called again the next day. Asked on the FB thread if it was a bad time... a week later I finally got through and not only did they not have that type of bus in my price range, they didn't have *any* short busses available that were from regions without snow or salted roads. Moreover the person I worked with didn't seem to know anything about transmissions or even length of vehicles listed.

It wasn't a great experience from my end. Better than Harlow's Bus sales- that was horrific.
let me guess it was steve? if so then he isnt very much a go-getter.. when I talked to them 6 months ago he said he was new and learning busses.. if he still doesnt know busses then thats on him as in 6 months look at what people learn from just reading forums, googling and when you have a whole business full of busses, imagione the busses one could drive, crawl around, etc and truly learn what drivetrains do best in what conditions.. heights, lengths, etc all could be learned fairly quickly id think...

-Christopher
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.