Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-30-2018, 12:16 PM   #1
Skoolie

Year: 1995
Coachwork: Amtrans
Chassis: Genesis
Engine: DT466
Rated Cap: 20 (9 window handicap)
Driver Side Emergeny Door floor plan

I poked around a bit, but 'emergency door' hit a bunch of topics that I wasn't looking for.

I have a drivers side emergency door right in the middle of my 30' bus. I was just curious how different people are incorporating (or not) into their floor plan.

I could see it being easy to just lock the door and treat it like a wall for some plans. You could also try to make it an alternate entrance, but that door is fairly narrow and short and on the traffic side, so even with a set of stairs, I don't see it being that much fun to use.

I suppose you could essentially hide it the bathroom, so you didn't have to see it, but could still climb over the commode to make an emergency exit if you had to.

Since I plan to use the back of the bus for motorcycle transport at least some of the time, I want to be fairly efficient in the rest of the bus' floorplan, so though I would ask for the group for some description or pictures of what they had done.

Tigerman67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 04:20 PM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Saf-T-Liner MVP ER
Engine: Cummins 6CTA8.3 Mechanical MD3060
Rated Cap: 46 Coach Seats, 40 foot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerman67 View Post
I poked around a bit, but 'emergency door' hit a bunch of topics that I wasn't looking for.

I have a drivers side emergency door right in the middle of my 30' bus. I was just curious how different people are incorporating (or not) into their floor plan.

I could see it being easy to just lock the door and treat it like a wall for some plans. You could also try to make it an alternate entrance, but that door is fairly narrow and short and on the traffic side, so even with a set of stairs, I don't see it being that much fun to use.

I suppose you could essentially hide it the bathroom, so you didn't have to see it, but could still climb over the commode to make an emergency exit if you had to.

Since I plan to use the back of the bus for motorcycle transport at least some of the time, I want to be fairly efficient in the rest of the bus' floorplan, so though I would ask for the group for some description or pictures of what they had done.
Our side door will be in the bathroom with the toilet one side and the shower on the other side. I will insulate and trim the door to make it look nice.

Build Thread
Twigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 07:12 PM   #3
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1999
Coachwork: BlueBird
Engine: 24 Valve Cummins
Do you have pics of what you did? I’m curious as well, I have the same middle side door and currently trying to figure out my floor plan.
Tcbitt_PNW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 10:14 AM   #4

Did you ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twigg View Post
Our side door will be in the bathroom with the toilet one side and the shower on the other side. I will insulate and trim the door to make it look nice.
Ello everyone. This is exactly what I wanted to do, so if we're out & get dirty we could enter that door & clean up in the bathroom instead of dragging filth through the rest of the bus. I wanted to make it kinda like a wet bath. So did you ever do this, or has anyone else? I realize this post is a bit old, but I'm new here, don't know my way around just yet. Thank you. ☺️
Mina is offline   Reply With Quote