Old 04-11-2005, 11:00 PM   #11
Electric Radiator Fans

I'm the one who started this thread and I guess I will possibly finish it. I've come to the conclusion that it would not be a good idea to use and electric fan to do the whole job. I did some research and found that a company named Horton makes fan clutches. I found out what model I needed and checked on ebay. There it was--exactly what I needed. I won the bid at about $170. Then I had to go to the Blue Bird dealer and order a few more parts that came to something like $215. Add it all up and that is quite a bunch of money for just turning the fan off and on. But, fuel prices are high and I know it will be quieter. I haven't had a chance to install it but that will be coming soon. I might supplement the mechanical fan with an electric that I have setting around. It might keep things cooler longer so the mechanical fan won't come on so soon. I'd just turn it on for long hills and such. Anyway, I appreciate the input from those who posted their opinion. Have a good day.

Herb in Utah
'90 'Bird--Flat nose
Skoolie BOBB is offline   Reply With Quote