Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-05-2016, 10:40 PM   #21
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1989
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466
Rated Cap: 66
Subjectivity

In my opinion, if owners or employees of a campground or RV park discriminate against skoolies, they are absolutely not worth "investing in". Some people just do not appreciate hard work, creativity, or upcycling. In addition to factor of an individual's opinion, I think some regions are more critical of skoolie lifestyles than others. . .

Has anyone ever had problems being admitted to the more "developed" national forest service campgrounds? Some offer many services.

One last thing, and I'm not sure how true it is. . .I've heard that many RV parks have a 35' length limit. . . but I'm sure if you get the right person on the right day, I'll bet a 38' rig would be let right in. All in all, I believe it to be a matter of subjectivity. .

Plantresilience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 06:28 AM   #22
Bus Nut

Year: 1988
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: TC/2000
Engine: Cummins 5.9TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plantresilience View Post
In my opinion, if owners or employees of a campground or RV park discriminate against skoolies, they are absolutely not worth "investing in". Some people just do not appreciate hard work, creativity, or upcycling. In addition to factor of an individual's opinion, I think some regions are more critical of skoolie lifestyles than others. . .
I think a lot of those owners have seen their fair share of "skoolies" that are really just tailgate rigs/party busses full of riff raff. I think it's a case of a few bad apples.
austin1989us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 07:15 AM   #23
Bus Nut

Year: 1993
Chassis: Thomas
Engine: International Navistar DT360
Rated Cap: 60
Hey, Yall! I'm going to be working as a campsite host in California at Navy Camp Campground in Potter Valley on Lake Pillsbury. In my bus! And they were ok with me bringing the cats and dogs and goat too! So if anyone wants to stay at the campground this summer I can go ahead and tell you: SKOOLIES WELCOME! It has drinking water and pit toilets, but no electricity. I could sure use some good skoolie company this summer!
Old 06-09-2016, 05:57 PM   #24

Year: 1990
Chassis: P30
Engine: Chevy 350- GAS
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by YMIHere View Post
Hi!

What are you studying? I see your'e in Nevada? Was just wondering what program had you coming all the way to my neck of the woods.
Hi There! I'm joining the USF graduate geology program
SKooliWAG is offline   Reply With Quote