Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-14-2012, 09:18 PM   #1
Bus Geek

Year: 1986
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: 40 ft All American FE
Engine: 8.2LTA Fuel Pincher DD V8
Rated Cap: 89
Fish House Supply website for "parts"

Found this site thru another site. Thought it might be a good source for conversion "parts". The prices don't seem too bad but I didn't really do any comparison shopping. Still, I did bookmark it for future reference.

The Dinettes, Bunks & Tables has ready made cushions (for those who are unaccustomed to a sewing machine) as well as bunk mattresses.

They have 12vDC switches too. I like the looks of the "hole lights" (I think I need to ask David about his days of ice fishing in MI to understand this need for tiny lights). I think they would be nifty to use inside a cabinet.

The prices look good on the furnaces, but since I'm not in the market for one, I didn't do any comparisons.

Don't forget to factor in shipping charges when comparing prices.

https://lorndavi.wordpress.com/blog/
https://i570.photobucket.com/albums/s...ps0340a6ff.jpg
lornaschinske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 07:09 AM   #2
Bus Crazy

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: AARE
Engine: 3116 Cat 250hp
Rated Cap: Just the two of us.
Re: Fish House Supply website for "parts"

Good find Lorna,
The prices do seem in line, did a quick check with something I'm familiar with. Just one check this light.

http://www.iowa80.com/DirectionsWEB/...iode+LED+Light

At I80 Truckstop, same price only chrome. I didn't go into s&h. I80 will eat you up there. If you are passing through there it's worth a stop just to see it.
They claim biggest truck stop in the world.

Dick
somewhereinusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 10:41 AM   #3
Skoolie

Re: Fish House Supply website for "parts"

Quote:
Originally Posted by somewhereinusa
Good find Lorna,
The prices do seem in line, did a quick check with something I'm familiar with. Just one check this light.

http://www.iowa80.com/DirectionsWEB/...iode+LED+Light

At I80 Truckstop, same price only chrome. I didn't go into s&h. I80 will eat you up there. If you are passing through there it's worth a stop just to see it.
They claim biggest truck stop in the world.

Dick
Ah good ole Iowa80! That place was the first place I worked on big trucks. Man did I change a lot of tires and oil, lol. What a great place to work, it was the only place I worked that I got a hand signed christmas card from all the owners. Small thing but I thought it was impressive. They have a HUGE truck store there. We put on a lot of chrome there too.
travelinwithus is offline   Reply With Quote