Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-03-2017, 11:06 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Float Tank in Skoolie

Hi

Would a float tent be to heavy for a skoolie?

http://www.zenfloatco.com

Would love to have the Float Tent. Share the love with my friends and at festivals.

Blue

Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 07:20 AM   #2
Skoolie

Chassis: Sold
Well, I could see how that would be nice. Keep the folks that pee in the pool out though. Some Limo's have hot tubs, why not a float pool in a bus ;)

Really- things to think about.

1. That float tent will self empty with in 10min of driving. -a slight redesign will be needed, but not impossible.

2. Figure out how many gallons of water you'll need and add that weight to you bus via 55g barrels or what not. You would do this to find out where in the bus you can carry the weight with out overloading an axle. You will want axle weights not just total weight.

3. Go find a weight scale, scale your self and move the barrels around until the numbers work out. I suggest you find a rock quarry or something. Once you explain what your doing I'm sure they will let you do it for free. (They my laugh a little but at least you brightened thier day a bit).

4. To do this right you would almost need to have your bus converted, all your tanks full and all the junk on your bus you may ever (and then more) plan to use. But then that makes moving your barrels around a bit of a pain. You catch my drift. Oh-take pictures and share it with us. I don't think there are any bus float pool pics on the forum.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
jctrembly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 07:29 AM   #3
Skoolie

Well, this is pretty cool. https://www.bathingunderthesky.com/e...he-hot-tub-bus

Old 03-05-2017, 08:57 AM   #4
Bus Crazy

Year: 1993
Coachwork: bluebird
Engine: 5.9 Cummins, Allison AT1545
Rated Cap: 2
that's a pretty cool tub! kinda the opposite of driving a schoolie. kinda a frustration/medtaition zen balancing.

the issues i see are your storage tanks, both fresh and waste. that tub prbably holds more water than i carry on my bus. the other issue is the heater. i didnt see a rating on the video, but heating elements and non shore power sources rarely mix.

what about a water bed? seems a bit more portable and less fill/waste. epsom salts and water can be a fertilizer, but the strength of the salt water might also be lethal to plants.

i've heard plenty of ideas for bus builds. this is less crazy than the guy that wanted his own travel fish farm.

good luck!
Old 03-05-2017, 09:05 AM   #5
Skoolie

Instead of pumping it empty when not in use why not make a tank with a lid that you can seal/secure when not in use. The heat can be figured out, but don't expect to do this at no cost. However, Im thinking a stainless bottom, with a ledge around the top. The ledge would have a seal, a hinged lid, clips on 3 sides. Oh- CO-2 tank or dry ice is needed to make a little fog for when you open your lid for that wow factor ;). Well, maybe not fog, but it would be cool, but really if you have the fog you'll need lights to go with it.