Old 09-04-2009, 10:54 AM   #1
Skoolie

Year: 1992
Coachwork: Ward Senator
Chassis: International
Engine: DTA360
Floor Plan, Electrical and Plumbing layout - thoughts?

I just bought a 1992 40' International forward control style 70 passenger bus with a DT466 for $2,500. I really appreciate all the information on the site and have tried to read as much as possible. I have attached my plans for layout, electrical and plumbing and would appreciate any thoughts from folks with more experience. We will use the bus mostly for plugged in camping while horse back riding with the occasional NASCAR or Football trip thrown in for good measure. I look forward to reading your comments
Wildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 11:34 AM   #2
Skoolie

Re: New bus and a dream

Here are some pics - I had to change the format
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bus Plans - systems 2.jpg (79.1 KB, 268 views)
File Type: jpg Bus Plans - systems 3.jpg (92.4 KB, 262 views)
File Type: jpg Bus Plans - systems 1.jpg (67.5 KB, 270 views)
Old 09-04-2009, 12:16 PM   #3
Bus Nut

Year: 1995
Coachwork: Genesis
Engine: Detroit
Rated Cap: 14

Nice detail on the drawings!

Just curious about weight distribution of the water tanks. You've got 50 gallons of fuel on one side, but 60 gallons on the other with another 20 gallons allowed in grey & black water. Don't know if that additional 80 to 250lbs on one side will make much of a difference, but might be something to consider. I'm sure others more knowledgeable will chime in to help with that.

Great plans, though. How many people are you planning to carry/entertain while underway?
TygerCub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 01:49 PM   #4
Skoolie

Thanks for the replys, keep it coming - I need your help.

Our goal is to sleep 4-6 and seat 10+

The bathroom wall is approximately 6 feet from the rear wall. I have ~10 feet from the centerline of the rear wheels to the back door. The plan may change when I actually get to working on the bus, but for now that is the plan. If it's too tight, I may have to ditch the sink. I'm trying to keep things as simple as possible so that I can get to enjoying and also make the front lounge as large as possible.
Old 09-09-2009, 04:34 PM   #5
Skoolie

Re: Floor Plan, Electrical and Plumbing layout - thoughts?

Good thoughts on the weight distribution issue. I think I may just make the water system tanks smaller to balance. I mostly will be hooked up to city water, so 60 gallons is probably a bit much. The exhaust does run on the other side. I wanted to keep all the plumbing on the same side so the supply and waste lines don't cross over the chassis. Does anyone have any thoughts on the electrical system. I tried to keep it simple. Big open item for me is whether or not to spend the bucks on an inverter/charger or go with two separate units. Any experiences with either?

I have also attached some alternate plans we have considered which ultimately we don't plan on using.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bus Plans 2.jpg (115.2 KB, 238 views)
File Type: jpg Bus Plans 1.jpg (112.6 KB, 231 views)
Old 09-09-2009, 05:45 PM   #6
Bus Nut

Year: 1995
Coachwork: Genesis
Engine: Detroit
Rated Cap: 14

The floorplans all look great. But the biggest concern is... what do you plan to do with this? Is it a "full time" home? Is it just a weekend get-a-way? Is it a week long, cross country commuter? How many people do you plan to carry and sleep? How much STUFF will you expect to carry for yourself, and your guests? Ultimately, those questions will determine the "perfect" floorplan.

Personally, I like the one with lots of closet space
TygerCub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 08:12 PM   #7
Bus Nut

I was wondering... Is anyone who will be in this bus one of those who have to pull stuff out of the fridge to get something out? If so, you might want to switch the stove and sink around so you have a place to put the contents of the fridge while "Hunting".

Also wouldnt hurt to have the sink closer to the bathroom, less heat loss from hot water, and less piping needed.
Sojakai is offline   Reply With Quote