Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-30-2005, 08:10 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Floor plans Please?

Hi people
I'm in need of some ideas for floor plans. I have to be able to sleep seven. Three adults and four grand children(lucky Me!). My bus is a 1984 Chevy, Blue Bird body 54 passenger. Can someone maybe send me suggestions on floor plans?? I know I know, lots of people but it has to be. I thought of two double bunks at the back of the bus and maybe two tables accross from each other that would fold down into doubles? I allready know I'm nuts!! but I could use the help anyway.
Great site Steve, Keep up the good work!

Old 03-30-2005, 09:12 PM   #2
Bus Nut

Year: 1982
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: IH S1723
Engine: IH V345 Gas V8
Rated Cap: 66
I too must sleep 8, wife, myself & 6 children. My floor plan has double bunks in the rear with the bottom bunks extending to the center to make a large bed, the front pair of seats will rotate to face rear-ward & also fold down to make beds. For a basic diagram of it see The White Elephant on page 9 of the Gallery or here: http://www.thewhiteelephantstale.com/interior.html.

Also take a look at the Tutorials forum sticky about floor plans right here on this site.

The Gallery has bus floor plans in some of the other albums, too.

Have fun!
Old 03-31-2005, 09:33 AM   #3
Mini-Skoolie

Try Navy Bunks

The US Navy uses bunks that are shorter than most so that they can fit more seamen in less space. If you are trying to install bunks, I'd suggest that you try to track down some Navy bunks. I'd give you dimensions, but won't get back to the place I've seen them until the middle of July. If you're still interested then, I'll pull some dimensions off them. Good Luck!
Old 03-31-2005, 12:32 PM   #4
Skoolie

Engine: CAT 3208 NA
Here's my floorplan:

http://www.vonslatt.com/bus-floor.html

In addition to the fullsize bed and two perm. bunks (32"x75") there will be hardware for two more temp. bunks in the bunk room and the dinette will convert to a full size bed (42" x 75")
Old 04-05-2005, 09:25 AM   #5
Skoolie

Year: 1989
Coachwork: Wayne
Chassis: Ford
Engine: 370
Rated Cap: 44
Well, it doesnt sleep 8, but may give you a few ideas anyway. This is my projected floor plan...

http://www.dammitandy.com/bus/

Plotting the next project now. Looking for a clean diesel pusher with low rust/miles. Identical plans with plumming and biodiesel added :)
dammitAndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 12:16 PM   #6
Bus Nut

Year: 1985
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: GMC
Engine: 366 propane
Rated Cap: 56
re: floor plan website.

Great site. Lot's of different idea's.

It seems you really need to be specific about what it is you will be using your bus for. I know this seems obvious, but it did not strike me how a list of priorities would assist the whole process.

Example: a young couple looking at having kids in the near future will want different things than a family w/ teenagers.

It's just very interesting the possibilities that are available to those of us who are starting from scratch. However this is a bit daunting if it's your first go around. With so many choices comes the fear of "am I doing it right?". Which is a bit silly because it's your (or our) bus. The only real concern in my mind is to keep everything safe.

Anyways, back on track. I was looking at a couple of RV forums the other day and stumbled upon people who are converting vans and creating living spaces in much smaller vehicles than a schoolie. They are great! The resourcefulness of the whole was very inspiring. If one really plans there space, the possibilities are incredible.

Now I can't imagine living in one of those or even these for years on end with my spouse. She's an amazing woman who I love, but we would self destruct I am sure. But the idea of utilizing ones space, customizing it for your lifestyle is what it is all about.

Good luck and have fun. -Richard

Ps- Thanks for all the great idea's and excitment on this forum - it's good to stay excited about these things.
captainkf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 11:45 PM   #7
Mini-Skoolie

Hi everyone. I take this opportunity to thank each and every one of you for the responses regarding floor plans.

I have alot of data to decifer and am going to get right on it. My plan is to make everything out of cardboard and see how it looks. The school bus will be used primarilly for camping and fishing trips.

If I can figure out how, I will try to post some progress pictures.
http://www.skoolie.net is #1 in my books! Keep up the good work Steve.
Old 04-06-2005, 11:45 AM   #8
Bus Crazy

Send a message via AIM to Steve
There are several plans posted at:

http://www.skoolie.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=95
Steve is offline   Reply With Quote