Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-21-2018, 10:51 PM   #1
Bus Nut

Year: 1989
Chassis: International
Engine: 9.L
Rated Cap: 64
Flooring

It seems most use 3/4" plywood for your flooring. After i finally get it gutted i will have more than enough 1/2 plywood to sheet the entire floor. Is there some reason this isnt a good and cheap way to do this?

mikeypj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 08:12 AM   #2
Bus Crazy

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: AARE
Engine: 3116 Cat 250hp
Rated Cap: Just the two of us.
If you are going directly onto the metal flooring I guess it would be enough. If you are going to lay onto insulation or furring strips I would think the extra thickness of 3/4 would be good insurance. Is the difference in cost for 10 sheets of plywood all that much? I just looked up the price at Lowes. The difference for severe weather plywood is about $4 a sheet.
somewhereinusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 09:55 AM   #3
Bus Nut

Year: 1989
Chassis: International
Engine: 9.L
Rated Cap: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by somewhereinusa View Post
If you are going directly onto the metal flooring I guess it would be enough. If you are going to lay onto insulation or furring strips I would think the extra thickness of 3/4 would be good insurance. Is the difference in cost for 10 sheets of plywood all that much? I just looked up the price at Lowes. The difference for severe weather plywood is about $4 a sheet.
Its not a price thing, its a ive got a ton of 1/2 plywood thing. I can use it elsewhere, but using it as flooring was the first use that popped into my head. I had to ask..thanks for the answer!
mikeypj is offline   Reply With Quote