Old 09-14-2014, 03:34 PM   #191
Mini-Skoolie

Re: Fortifiying Your Bus Against Intruders Or Attack?

Whew, thought I had set myself up for an episode of "Captain Really-out-there."

And as to bears, well, Bears win every time.

Otherwise, Peace through superior firepower! Mea gotta nice boom-stick, but no tac-stick Me gotta getta tac-stick! Wifey wants a pink tac-stick!
abwetzel63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 01:07 AM   #192
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1951
Coachwork: Wayne/ IHC
Chassis: L-163 International
Engine: SD240 / 4 sp.
Rated Cap: 39

I hope no one ruins their bus "fortifying" it. A bus is already pretty stout compared to modern cars and pickups as far as stopping or greatly impeding gunfire. You say you must? Only practical protection would be 1/4" steel plate up to the window line. On the INSIDE. You would still have to duck.Be ready to add thousands of pounds to your vehicle. Reality is this is no different than being in your home or car or walking down the street. You should always be prepared to defend yourself and your loved ones if you possess the ability to actually do so. Being an American sportsman, I am well armed though not always. I'll leave it up to the zombies to guess when and where I may be armed. More often than most would think, I'm betting. Use your head and stay away from bad people and places. People who think it's just OK to camp out in urban big store parking lots and shopping centers are asking for trouble and should be prepared. Gangs and lots of other losers hang out there as well. But let's assume,just for fun,that the SHTF and there are rioting, looting mobs roving about and have spotted you in your happy camper converted bus and have surrounded you and your family. Do you just cross your arms in front of your face and scream "eeeeeeeyyyyaaaagggghhhh!!!!!!!!!!!" while they crash their way in and eat your brains? Or do you put that bus to work doing what it was meant for, safely delivering human cargo, by putting it in gear and putting the hammer down? If you think you can't move the bus because some cretins, who are attacking your bus, are "in the way and I can't just run them over,can I"? you are not "Bus Dweller" material. Maybe some one could devise a system that could squirt trapping lure like skunk essence or mink urine [diluted of course,it's expensive] on the trash that is attacking your bus. The old bus might smell bad for a while though. I am going to use the "put the bus in gear, rap the SD240 to 1800 rpm and dump the clutch" technique. Any ghetto dwelling social justice warrior that actually enters my space will be met by a .357 magnum then a .380 then a Bowie knife. Not to mention my dachshund Molly, who WILL bite you! All legally possessed. Do what you think is right to protect yourself. In America, we recognize the God given right to own firearms for defense from thugs. Be they rioting zombies or the government who would deny you those rights.
Tbart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 06:01 AM   #193
Site Team

Year: 1988
Coachwork: ward
Chassis: international
Engine: dt360a
Rated Cap: 65

well said TBART!!!! its good to see yet another American here.might i recommend pig blood? its cheaper to spray than skunk juice............
claydbal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 08:22 PM   #194
Mini-Skoolie

Thanks,Clay. The trouble with a pig blood spray system would be the clotting factor, otherwise, I LIKE IT! Seriously though, there are a few things I would like to reply to. Some guy further back dissing the NRA. The NRA is not perfect by any means but they are the ONLY, I repeat,ONLY reason the democrat party has been unable to completely strip the 2nd from the Bill of Rights. The democrat party is now the cozy home of the American Communist party and they ARE actively and somewhat effectively infringing on your God granted right to keep and bear arms. They have been working like beavers to do this since the turn of the last century. The liberal commies that now lead our nation are Marxist Communists that do not use the "C" word. They call themselves progressives. They do not believe you have the right to own property. It is "the peoples land". Just read the "Communist Manifesto" if you want to get some insight into what makes Obama tick. Installing socialized medicine and "gun control" are the linchpins to the rest of "the plan". I'm not going to argue with anyone about it. Those are just the facts. When it comes to security glass don't even think about bulletproof glass. But what you can do is make sure the laminated safety glass in your bus is the proper type and is installed right. There are 2 types of lami glass. They differ in the thickness of the lamination that is sandwiched between the 2 layers of glass. The stock bus windshield has a .030" lami but it may have been replaced with .015" lami. Thinner lami means it would be much easier to kick out. Bus w/s is almost always set in a rubber gasket. Same for most stationary windows. If .030 lami is rubber set and the gasket is glued to the body and the glass is glued to the gasket with urethane sealer it would be very difficult to penetrate even by a determined attacker. It won't stop most bullets unless their .25 or .32s from a distance over 25'. In reality, it would take a real brute to penetrate a school bus that was buttoned up. You face much more danger from friendly strangers you might invite aboard. Nebr just kicked off to Miami. Gotta go.
Old 09-21-2014, 03:39 AM   #195
Mini-Skoolie

Nebr beats Miami in a hard fought game! Go Cornhuskers! Ameer Abdullah is going to win the Heisman Trophy. Now,back to the heavily armed, stink spraying battle bus. As I stated before, a bus is already a lot tougher than the typical road going vehicle and would be very hard to successfully attack and board if a few very simple precautions were observed. Properly installed rubber set glued in .030" laminated safety glass. A sturdy door with real locks. Someone earlier mentioned alarms, a good idea. A dog with an aggressive attitude is not a good idea if you love your dog. An intruder is likely to be armed and will probably just shoot your dog. And the police will positively shoot your poodle if they "fear for their safety". Ask me how I know. They are trained to shoot your dog. Dogs are a good warning animal though and many will die trying to protect you. If the cops are around, crate your dog. Being aware of your true situation is far more important than arms or armor. Know the law where you are. It is your job. It is your responsibility, especially if you plan to carry firearms. If you do, plan on being fully prepared to use them should a threatening situation arise. There is a particular breed of cat in this country nowadays that used to rob gas stations but now they rob people in their homes. Why? It's easier and safer. Especially in places with strict gun control laws that only restrict those that abide by the law. These people victimize those they see as vulnerable. Do not appear vulnerable. Also be aware that most crime victims are familiar with those who victimize them. Most burglars know their victims or at least know some of their stuff. Your drinkin buddy that shows up with his shady friend and his shady friends buddy could very well be casing you. Do not let casual buddies know your layout or your routine. Be suspicious. Sad but true. They are the most likely suspects if your home or RV is ransacked. Do not associate with losers, boozers or dopers if you like your stuff and value your safety. That alone will steer you clear of most trouble. But suppose you are just in the wrong place at the wrong time and a Ferguson type riot breaks out? Or worse yet, you and your merry band of fellow travelers are grooving down Wall street in your psychodelic Blue Bird when the Dow drops 400 points. Wild eyed bankers and brokers and CEO types decide their gonna "Take it to the streets" and begin roving the street with their neckties as bandanas and their gold cufflinks piercing their nostrils, leaving blood streaks down their faces and starched white Skip Gambert tailored shirts. You and your social justice gang have just returned from a peaceful "communal sidewalk pooping" to protest greed when the maniacal gang of executives surround your love bus and start bashing in the windows with their endangered species alligator briefcases screaming "KILL THE HIPPIES!" They easily breach the love bead door and make it past the dream catchers and then they are upon you! What in the name of science do you do? First, resist your first instinct to say "Whoa dude, you need to mellow out.Here, try one of these brownies". It won't work! Quicker than you can say Nelson Rockerfeller they will skin you alive and sell your pelt to the Chinese fur market and your bus will be sold as scrap for $116.00 a ton to make new Bentleys. No my flower child, you must reach into your beaded macrame shoulder holster for your trusty Smith&Wesson model 29 chambered in .44 magnum and blow their money grubbing, Rush listening, Republican voting heads "clean off", as my hero used to say. Then gather your wits and put your Allison in drive and mash the go pedal to the metal. If any of the capitalist pigs are in your way,RUN THEM DOWN! They are no match for your bus! As you drive safely away from these Wall Street rioters with the partial skull of an elitist banker stuck between your duals going "thump thump thump"on the road to happy destiny, remember to thank God,oops I mean thank science that you are a Free American and you have the God errr Science given right to defend yourself in the USA. I'm standing right with you Bus Brother.
Old 09-21-2014, 04:47 AM   #196
Site Team

holy reincarnate batman! you write like richard brautigan. bummer about the coagulating blood. would suck big time to spray it and have it clump like burned gravy in mid air and landing at the feet of allah, hussein,elvis and barrack as they weilded their sickles. maybe a bumper mounted bacon bit cannon fed by a 50 gallon hopper. or a c130 raining liquified souse (think napalm) upon the canopy of gubbmit housing. you dont have to worry about me being on wall street. i have no intention of driving through any foreign commie country in my bus, it will be used to explore and live in America. there are a few pockets of America left, ya know, usually recognized by the gas station attendant named goober..........................
Old 09-21-2014, 06:37 AM   #197
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by claydbal
<snip>bummer about the coagulating blood. would suck big time to spray it and have it clump like burned gravy in mid air and landing at the feet of allah, hussein,elvis and barrack as they weilded their sickles. ,<snip>
just crush some COUMADIN® (warfarin sodium) tablets and blend with bacon fat and pigs blood, should be similar to old skool napalm...atleast thats what my doctor did to me
bansil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 07:47 AM   #198
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by bansil
Quote:
Originally Posted by claydbal
<snip>bummer about the coagulating blood. would suck big time to spray it and have it clump like burned gravy in mid air and landing at the feet of allah, hussein,elvis and barrack as they weilded their sickles. ,<snip>
just crush some COUMADIN® (warfarin sodium) tablets and blend with bacon fat and pigs blood, should be similar to old skool napalm...atleast thats what my doctor did to me
hey!!!!!!!!!1 thats it, rat poison!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-21-2014, 08:44 AM   #199
r_w
Skoolie

Those are the intruders I need the most protection from

If you can keep out mice, you should be able to keep out almost anything....
r_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 11:30 PM   #200
Mini-Skoolie

Wow, You guys are early risers. Or all night partiers. Good either way. First, the obvious. Rioting liberal moonbats are not too smart. Otherwise they wouldn't be liberal moonbats or rioters. They are the least of my worries. I can handle an attack in many "old schoolie" ways. What we do have to worry about is federal,state and local le gislative bodies who think it's their duty to keep coming up with new laws and ordinances in order to correct our freewheeling American behavior and tax and fine us into submission. Last year the village board in my tiny [pop. 158] town enacted a new ordinance to ban unlicensed vehicles from our town,among other things like grass length limits and firewood piles. They hired a cop to enforce this new law. This is all being resisted but still I had the friendly good ol boy cop at my door one Sat morning to introduce himself and make sure I had a copy of the new law. Of particular interest to him was my '61 Falcon Futura 2dr sedan parked next to my shop that has plates that expired in 1978 on it. It's in good shape but the engine is stuck and it needs restored. That's beside the point. One day I'm plotting to restore an old American classic, harming no one, the next day I'm a lawbreaker subject to a $500.00 a day fine. My bus has current plates and insurance, but what if it didn't? It's too big to put in my shop and besides that, it has lived every day of its career outdoors since 1951. I could go on and on. This, my friends, is why the Communists have changed their name to "Progressives". Progressively infringe on our God given right to Life,Liberty, and the Pursuit of happiness. Remember the federal income tax began early in the last century as something like .5% but it has "progressed" to an alarmingly high and going higher rate that is designed to manipulate our lives and the American economy. Everything these commie progressives do can be described as an attack on capitalism and private property. Karl Marx thought a revolution was needed to install communism but the progressives have correctly staged a 100 plus year coup de tat by infringing a little at a time on the Bill of Rights and the Constitution of the USA. Do not think for one second that the progressive agenda does not have its sights set on your bus. Any thoughts?