Old 09-23-2014, 02:21 PM   #211
Site Team

Re: Fortifiying Your Bus Against Intruders Or Attack?

Quote:
Originally Posted by claydbal

maybe we could get sally struthers to stand beside a buncha runny nose, fly infested kids to raise enough money to return our country to democracy?
We would have to invite Elvis, Tupac and Obungo to make that happen (can you guess what they all have in common?)
bansil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 09:28 PM   #212
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1951
Coachwork: Wayne/ IHC
Chassis: L-163 International
Engine: SD240 / 4 sp.
Rated Cap: 39

I wouldn't trust a liberal to take out my trash. Today I registered the deed to my new property on the Missouri River in northern Nebraska. 2 lots in a long ago failed development project that was started in 1962 on a beautiful hilltop meadow a few miles east of Santee, Nebr. on the Santee reservation. After the roads were built and power was brought in and the lots were platted and most were sold,all 3 partners in this venture died within 2 yrs of each other. 3 homes were built early on but all 3 are now destroyed by fire or tornado. My brother has been buying lots for years and I bought 2 real nice ones side by side. The roads were all crushed red rock that has long since grown over by prairie grass, but they are still there and solid as the day they were built. The road getting there is a different story. Two wide, deep ravines had to be crossed so they built dikes across them with culverts at the bottom. After a few years they degraded and the township and the county were at odds as to who had to take care of them so no one did. They were impassable for thirty years til my brother fixed the dikes with his bobcat. This place is miles beyond the end of the line and uphill from there. But my 51 IHC/Wayne shorty has no problems getting through. The dikes are like driving on a railroad tressle. You can't imagine the view of Lewis & Clark Lake and the Missouri River tailwaters a half mile below. Actually about 300' above lake level. You can see for miles and miles into So Dakota. There is NO ONE THERE. This is the place I shall travel to in my bus and do as I please. I may move there in the bus when I retire in 5 years and maybe build a small cabin. I feel very lucky to have this property as the Corp of Engineers does not allow ANY developement on the river in this area and all the rest is tribal. Deer,turkey, vultures and eagles abound. Great cell service and a guy lives about a half mile across the ravine. I wonder if I can cadge onto his wifi? Either way, I appreciate Gods goodness to me. To own a place in the beyond the toulies like this has been a life long dream of mine. Bus brothers [and sisters] will be welcome to visit if you're ever in northern Nebraska. But you'd better have some ground clearance. This is another reason I decided against the M-60 turret on top of the bus. There are some low hanging tree branches along the way.
Tbart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 09:38 AM   #213
Site Team

Year: 1988
Coachwork: ward
Chassis: international
Engine: dt360a
Rated Cap: 65

the m60 will clear the limbs, and ya can get some meat as a bonus!
claydbal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 01:04 PM   #214
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbart
I wouldn't trust a liberal to take out my trash. Today I registered the deed to my new property on the Missouri River in northern Nebraska. 2 lots in a long ago failed development project that was started in 1962 on a beautiful hilltop meadow a few miles east of Santee, Nebr. on the Santee reservation. After the roads were built and power was brought in and the lots were platted and most were sold,all 3 partners in this venture died within 2 yrs of each other. 3 homes were built early on but all 3 are now destroyed by fire or tornado. My brother has been buying lots for years and I bought 2 real nice ones side by side. The roads were all crushed red rock that has long since grown over by prairie grass, but they are still there and solid as the day they were built. The road getting there is a different story. Two wide, deep ravines had to be crossed so they built dikes across them with culverts at the bottom. After a few years they degraded and the township and the county were at odds as to who had to take care of them so no one did. They were impassable for thirty years til my brother fixed the dikes with his bobcat. This place is miles beyond the end of the line and uphill from there. But my 51 IHC/Wayne shorty has no problems getting through. The dikes are like driving on a railroad tressle. You can't imagine the view of Lewis & Clark Lake and the Missouri River tailwaters a half mile below. Actually about 300' above lake level. You can see for miles and miles into So Dakota. There is NO ONE THERE. This is the place I shall travel to in my bus and do as I please. I may move there in the bus when I retire in 5 years and maybe build a small cabin. I feel very lucky to have this property as the Corp of Engineers does not allow ANY developement on the river in this area and all the rest is tribal. Deer,turkey, vultures and eagles abound. Great cell service and a guy lives about a half mile across the ravine. I wonder if I can cadge onto his wifi? Either way, I appreciate Gods goodness to me. To own a place in the beyond the toulies like this has been a life long dream of mine. Bus brothers [and sisters] will be welcome to visit if you're ever in northern Nebraska. But you'd better have some ground clearance. This is another reason I decided against the M-60 turret on top of the bus. There are some low hanging tree branches along the way.

Sounds like a nice place. Similar developments sprung up in California in the 1960s. That's why we have the California Coastal Commision but there are still many of these inland that I see advertised all the time.

You Gotta Let Me Fly
crazycal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 11:16 PM   #215
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1951
Coachwork: Wayne/ IHC
Chassis: L-163 International
Engine: SD240 / 4 sp.
Rated Cap: 39

Remember when Jethro turned the Clampett truck into a "spy" vehicle? Complete with ejector seat! He did have some good ideas.
Tbart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 10:01 PM   #216
Bus Crazy

Year: 1988
Coachwork: Crown / Pusher
Engine: 8.3 Cummins

I still say spend a couple dollars & train your dog right
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (27.9 KB, 190 views)
File Type: jpg image.jpg (30.8 KB, 189 views)
File Type: jpg image.jpg (27.7 KB, 189 views)
Stu & Filo. T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 11:32 PM   #217
Bus Nut

Year: 1994
Coachwork: carpenter
Engine: 466dt
Rated Cap: 59

You could always have a jar within easy reach that looks vaguely medical that has "Ebola samples" printed on it in big red letters. That'd scare most of the bad guys away.
Zephod_beeblebrox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 05:05 AM   #218
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephod_beeblebrox2
You could always have a jar within easy reach that looks vaguely medical that has "Ebola samples" printed on it in big red letters. That'd scare most of the bad guys away.
The bad guys have free health care and since the .gov has said there is no worries....they will not be deterred
Old 10-10-2014, 10:26 AM   #219
Bus Nut

Year: 1994
Coachwork: carpenter
Engine: 466dt
Rated Cap: 59

ALternatively, paint the bus grey with SWAT in big white letters down the side and put a few rather obvious-looking gunports in the sides. There are not too many people that would want to shoot-it-out with the police. Most bad guys go for soft targets because they like to survive.
Zephod_beeblebrox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 12:25 PM   #220
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephod_beeblebrox2
ALternatively, paint the bus grey with SWAT in big white letters down the side and put a few rather obvious-looking gunports in the sides. There are not too many people that would want to shoot-it-out with the police. Most bad guys go for soft targets because they like to survive.
dont start making sense