Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-13-2004, 09:33 PM   #1

Fuse Panel

Hello all. I recently purchased a 1989 Ford 65 passenger skoolie with a Thomas body that I am going to transform into a tailgating bus. Here in Oklahoma you must have a fire extinguisher, 3 road triangles, and spare fuses before you may take the CDL driving test. I will admit that I have not looked for them much, but where is the fuse panel located on this thing?

TailgateBus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2004, 10:54 PM   #2
Bus Crazy

Send a message via AIM to Steve
On my 72 Intl it is in the glove compartment. There are also a bunch of circuit breakers under the switch panel, a few of those would be good to keep around also.
Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2004, 11:22 PM   #3
Bus Geek

My 1991 Ward has the circuit breakers under the dash near the steering collumn. If you have breakers, you don't need any extra fuses. My circuit breakers reset automatically after a few seconds, so i've never actually had to lay my hands on them. Does your bus have the trianges already?? I think they can be purchased as Wal-mart.

here's a question for you: Why are you getting your CDL?? With a little research I think you'll find that if you don't use your bus to make money, it's not a commercial vehicle and therefore does not require a commercial drivers liscence (CDL) It falls into the same catagory as an RV.

Here in Michigan, plates and registration are $800 or more for a commercial vehicle the size/weight as my 72 passenger Ford/Ward. I only pay about $35.00 each year for plates for my private non-commercial bus.

There's a thread on this forum somewhere that discusses this same topic. Good Luck !
Old 06-14-2004, 07:07 PM   #4

Thanks for the responses. The reason I am getting a CDL is because we live in Tulsa and will be transporting people to games in Stillwater. Initially we were just going to use her to transport friends but a business opportunity has accidentally formed. We have sponsors donating food and beverages and we are charging to ride the bus to the OSU games with food and beverages provided. So far we have removed the seats, repaired all of the broken windows, and sanded the inside. Priming is next.
Old 06-29-2004, 05:04 PM   #5

Hey tailgate,

will you be coming down to the game in Austin. Me and my tailgate crew are currently converting a short bus (91 Thomas 6 window) into a UT tailagating rig. Might be fun to check eachothers rigs out. See preliminary pics at http://www.texaspig.com

good luck
porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2004, 04:09 PM   #6

Hey Chop,

Yes we are planning on going either to the UT or Tech game this year. Send me your e-mail and I'll send you some pics of ours. Maybe we can share some ideas and provide each other with a little help. We will also have a web site but have not got that far yet. Shoot me an e-mail mailto:earlea500@valornet.com.