Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-10-2006, 09:48 AM   #1
Skoolie

generator / propane tank placement

was wondering what any one thought about putting a honda eu2000 generator and a propane tank next to each other in a ventilated bay ? i have a pretty good size bay on the passenger side of my crown and was thinking about screening the door (like the radiator hatch door) and putting a eu 2000 generator and smaller size propane tank in there. accident waiting to happen ? or acceptable ? i could probably put a divider in there huh? what do you think ? thanks john

westport_wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 12:23 PM   #2
Bus Geek

Send a message via MSN to the_experience03 Send a message via Yahoo to the_experience03
My personal opinion is that it would be fine so long as you took proper precautions. Be smart and don't aim the exhuast at the tank. You don't want to heat it up and therefore increase the pressure. Also, make sure the lowest point in the bay is vented as that's where any leaking propane would be lurking. Otherwise...as long as cooling isn't an issue for the genset, I think it'd be fine. The spark is plenty contained within the genset itself. I think an arc from a static shock as you opinioned the door is probably more likely to set off a boom than the genset in the same compartment.
Old 04-10-2006, 01:50 PM   #3
Skoolie

genset / propane

thanks for the info there experience ( is that like in jimi ) i forgot to say that i was thinking of takeing a hole saw and venting the bottom of that bay as well as screening the bay door. the bay door is alunieum. i think if i do that i will put a devider in between them. its a pretty big bay. just some ideas i had in my head. BUS ON
westport_wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 02:52 PM   #4
Bus Geek

Send a message via MSN to the_experience03 Send a message via Yahoo to the_experience03
While I am in fact a big Jimi Hendrix fan, the name more refers to life as it is "the experience." Nice try though. It is a pretty nonsensical name to begin with.