Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-25-2011, 12:08 PM   #1

Going to check out my first bus... help

Hi everyone,

I am super excited.. there is a skoolie which we are going to see. It was partially converted and used for moose hunting by a bunch of men.. So some work is going to be needed (no insulation, no shower, small amt of cupboards).. There is a wood stove in it and also there is piping for propane stove... There is a fridge but the guy says it should be replaced...

I am going to try to take pics with my cell while I go through it... It has bunks set up but I am going to tear some down maybe keep one for my daughter... I could reuse the lumber...

he said it has a bathroom with gravity piping (i believe) what does that mean???

I am wondering outside of the obvious questions/inspection for rust, accidents, still drives? ... is there anything else i should ask.. It is going for $2500 OBO

tricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 04:27 PM   #2

Re: Going to check out my first bus... help

I am disappointed lots of rust... But lots of potential as well.. I dont know if would spend 2500.. Plus it looks like i have to learn to drive standard
tricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 09:19 AM   #3
Bus Crazy

Year: 1993
Coachwork: Ward Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/MT643
Rated Cap: 77

Avoid rusty buses...there are enough out there you don't need to start with a rotbox!
Jarlaxle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 09:30 AM   #4
Bus Nut

Year: 2001
Chassis: International Amtran RE
Engine: DT466E/MD3060
Rated Cap: 78

Not sure how many options you have out there for a bus but go with you heart. Rust can be taken care of but the labor of love is what you will have to be willing to commit to.

Learning a standard is not the end of the world. I dont think a bus is the smartest of safest vehicle to start out on but would make for an interesting story down the road?

Keep your eyes open. I found mine on craigslist so the deals are out there. Not sure where you call home but let people know and maybe someone knows of one if they know what your looking for someone may be able to help you out.
bapos is offline   Reply With Quote