Old 06-13-2015, 09:35 PM   #11
Bus Nut
Year: 1992
Coachwork: bluebird
Rated Cap: 72
Our beds this time around are separate. Though the thought crossed our minds...briefly. Living with three dogs jumping all over the bed helped with the decision.

My first bus had a combination bed & flop space for all to enjoy. No futon just a bed that everyone could just hang in (that was back in the 70's so not odd at the time)
Worked out fine, just had to take a broom to get the days living out of the bed, pull down the blankets and hit the sack.

In my 60's now and we wanted to have a room to go to when we are sick or just want to be alone.

That and a story my daughter shared about her bed being the flop spot in her first apartment she shared with a roommate and after working a 12 hr day came home exhausted to a bed that roomies friend had gotten drunk, spilled his beer on and then proceeded to piss his pants all over.

She moved out the next day when roomie wouldn't swap beds for the night.
The-Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 11:37 PM   #12
Coachwork: Looking for something
Chassis: Big Enough to fit my dog
I would almost think the opposite. If building a couch make it out of a good twin mattress. A more comfortable crash pad. Personally I would always lean towards real mattress setups. Better beds crappier sitting areas.
Mike Hathaway
mjh2901 is offline   Reply With Quote