Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-12-2013, 02:34 PM   #1

Year: 1994
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: TC2000
Engine: 5.9 Cummins Diesel
Rated Cap: 14
Got our first bus!

Hello everyone, This is my first time posting but I have hovered for a long time here and have learned a lot from you all.

My band & I have been looking for a bus for about a year now and have now finally found just what we were looking for.
Its a 1994 Bluebird TC2000 27' Bus with a 5.9 Cummins in it with an Allison AT545 tranny.

We are going to be using it to tour in our band and have named it gusgus. We first looked at smaller cutaways mostly fords and all of them had so many issues. We then started looking at these smaller bluebirds and we feel like this will be perfect for what we need.

Are plans are to:
-Take off anything and everything that has to do with the school bus feature like stop sign, front crossing gate, top lights and stickers.
- Paint the bus black with some green striping (band colors)
- Take out wheelchair lift and try to sell it on CG or ebay. Has anyone done that? I bet we can get maybe a couple hundred.
- most of the seats are missing so that's good for us because we will be storing all of our gear in it when on the road. We are going to over-hall the bus with a good cleaning and make some bunks in the middle of the bus and maybe a high bed in the back where you can put gear underneath

We don't have big plans at the moment to put any type of kitchen or small toilet area but maybe in the future.

We still need to transfer over the title to an RV from a bus and insure it. We got a really cheap quote from GMAC but will get a couple more.

Here are some outside pics we have. I will get better inside pics very soon and keep updating every time we work on it. We need it to be up and running legally in about 2 weeks so we should be working fast.

Hope you all like it!

Old 03-12-2013, 06:26 PM   #2
Bus Crazy

Year: 1996
Coachwork: Champion
Chassis: Ford e-450
Engine: 7.3 Powerstroke
Re: Got our first bus!

Congrats! Great sized bus!
Wheelchair lifts are one of those things where supply far outweighs demand. I didnt have one to deal with (airport shuttle in its 1st life) I think 90% of people here have pulled theirs out. I can't remember reading of anyone selling them. If you are loading all your equipment inside, I'd use it.

my bus build https://www.skoolie.net/gallery/Skoolies/Sped
sdwarf36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 07:43 PM   #3
Skoolie

Year: 1974
Coachwork: Crown
Chassis: Supercoach
Engine: Detroit Diesel 6-71

Congrats guys! Please keep us posted on your conversion!

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=466562
inkblots84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 05:52 AM   #4
Bus Geek

welcome
Might as well see if loading everything after a long hot set would be easier with a lift
bansil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 08:24 AM   #5

Year: 1994
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: TC2000
Engine: 5.9 Cummins Diesel

If you all want to see this inside and out here is a youtube link of an overview of this bus. The previous owner made this and he really takes care of his buses. He was very, very knowledgeable and really great to work with. He actually has some great videos of other buses as well on his channel. I just wanted to give him credit and make sure you knew I didn't make this video.

Thanks for the suggestions, maybe we will wait to try and sell the lift, it would be nice not to have to lift a 200lb cab that high. all though whats really nice is this bus has the back ramp that pulls out. That was a big reason we liked it.