Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-20-2008, 12:58 AM   #1

Send a message via Yahoo to nchittendon
Greetings all........

......I think I have found the goose AND the golden egg!

I have been browsing the internet looking for information on bus conversions, and I think I found my new hang out!

I have a small internet paintball business called Midwest Custom Paintball. I also am the leader of a local paintball scenario team, Team Akkadian. There is a huge game that is held in Oklahoma every year based off of the events of D-Day. It brings around 4000 + players. We decided that we didn't want to sleep on the ground when we attend in 2009, so my first thoughts were SCHOOL BUS!

After browsing the forums I notice that this can get way more involved than I had ever imagined!!

What we need on board:
~lockers (qty
~sleeping quarters (qty
~tables
~lighting (interior)
~lighting (exterior)
~awnings
~observation deck above
~some kind of simple shower (exterior perhaps)
~quiet generator
~holding tank for water
~possibly propane for a stove
~storage, storage, storage

In case you haven't read my profile, I drive truck for a living. The first thing that I have decided on, is adding the bunk system that is in my Volvo VNL780. It looks just like this:

After that, I haven't really made any major decisions as to what to use and where to put it.

I hope to pick many brains here and conjure up some ideas of my own!

nchittendon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 09:36 PM   #2
Bus Nut

Re: Greetings all........

Well, clearly you want a BIG bus!! Actually, I'd like to hear more about your paint ball rally! Do you have a website for that?

I can probably point you to a handful of ebay sellers that carry all kinds of RV specific parts, great for setting up waste tanks, converting windows to RV style, power converters and anything RV specific.

You just might be a Redneck if...
...your motor home used to be a school bus!
...Your living room has a steering wheel!
...Your home has brake lights

1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1989 Thomas Diesel Pusher (Cat 3208/Freightliner)
Chesapeake, Virginia
GoneCamping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 05:05 PM   #3
Skoolie

Year: 1989
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: 3800
Engine: 7.3 International Diesel
Rated Cap: 72

Welcome...you better get cracking you have quite the conversion to build in a short time. Try to plan this thing down to the nut and bolt, then buy everything you need then in a relatively short amount of time blitz the building of it and get it done. At least thats how my general contracting company builds houses when I need to get them done in a short time. Good Luck and have fun.
Lady Franklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 12:32 AM   #4

Send a message via Yahoo to nchittendon

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneCamping
Well, clearly you want a BIG bus!! Actually, I'd like to hear more about your paint ball rally! Do you have a website for that?

I can probably point you to a handful of ebay sellers that carry all kinds of RV specific parts, great for setting up waste tanks, converting windows to RV style, power converters and anything RV specific.
Sure, the website can be FOUND HERE

I am searching for a 10 or 11 window bus. I have a source, but need to "have a chat" with them and see what they'll do for me. haha

And yeah, I know there is a TON of work to do. Considering the time frame and the amount of work we want done, it probably won't be 100% for this year, but after that, i'll have a whole season to finish and iron out details. I know that's the worst thing in the world, to rush a job and drive it while working on it, but, that is how I've always done things! haha
nchittendon is offline   Reply With Quote