Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-07-2019, 12:21 AM   #1
Bus Nut

Year: 2003
Engine: DT530
Rated Cap: 84
Heaters are loud

So after a long unwanted break from bus I am back at it.

To make traveling more comfortable we are keeping the existing AC and heaters. One will be in the rear by the sleeping area and the other under the couch up front. I was messing with the heaters yesterday and they have crazy loud fans. Does anyone know a way to quiet them down or an affordable replacement fan?

Old 09-07-2019, 06:17 AM   #2
Bus Nut

Year: 1986
Coachwork: Gillig
Chassis: Phantom
Engine: CAT 3208
Rated Cap: 87, says Gillig...
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Bolt View Post
So after a long unwanted break from bus I am back at it.

To make traveling more comfortable we are keeping the existing AC and heaters. One will be in the rear by the sleeping area and the other under the couch up front. I was messing with the heaters yesterday and they have crazy loud fans. Does anyone know a way to quiet them down or an affordable replacement fan?
I bought three heaters from Jegs to replace 3 of the 4 crusty old heaters on my bus. Thread here. Jegs linky here.
ComfortEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 06:42 AM   #3
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
heater fans in general are loud.. some of the rear heaters are just blade fans vs blowers which are very loud..

I restored all the factory heaters in both of my busses with OEM style motors and they are quieter.. those rear underseat heaters are crammed under the seats. whereas in your build you can use a quieter aftermarket solution for the rear like eagle did..

im not a fan of aftermarket defrosters but others can choose their own.. when its minus 15 outside I like the main driver /defrost heater to push out 5X the amount of heat those aftermarket ones do..

if you are swappingyour service door for an RV style door then you'll be able to get away with a lot less heat up front..

in one of my busses I kept the right side and center defrost as factory units and restored them.. then for the left windshield unit I installed a Heat / cool unit so I could have true dashboard A/C, refrigerated defrost, and excellent high BTU driver heat...
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote