Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-23-2018, 08:29 AM   #1

Help needed to build dream

Hey guys! I’m new to this group and would like to find out if it’s possible to hire someone to help build our dream home on wheels. We are intimidated about taking on such a project with no real experience and need to find someone who has experience building and living in a bus. We have a new baby and don’t really want to take so much time doing it ourselves and we also want to get it right from the beginning. Any advise on where to find such a person? Thank you guys so much for your help! I’m inspired by all of you!!

flowerpowerlilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 08:49 AM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
If you don't mind my opinion here-

I think you should look into what it takes to do it yourself. Sandi aka WanderWoman has a fully functional bus that didn't take her too long with a little help from friends and the community.
If you provide a location more specific than "america" you may find someone near you who could help out for some beers.

The few "companies" out there advertising bus conversion services are mostly on the tiny house cash grab and will try to sell you a mediocre bus with a mostly hardware store conversion for BIG bucks. And they don't live in buses except when they're showing off for HGTV.

Have you looked at any factory built coaches? I've seen some fantastic coach conversions for sale for less than half what these pop-up bus companies are charging.

Just my 2 cents.
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
builder, construction