Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-06-2019, 01:57 PM   #1
Bus Geek

Year: 2003
Coachwork: International
Chassis: CE 300
Engine: DT466e
Rated Cap: 65C-43A
Help requested for the Vermont registration thing

I finally got the Pennsylvania title for my bus in the mail and now I'm ready to register it as a Motor Home in Vermont (I was not able to both title and register it in Vermont because it is older than 15 years), but I'm completely confused at the moment as to what I have to actually send in with my application.

The instructions say I need to send a copy of the previous title assigned to me plus a bill of sale, in order to prove the chain of ownership. Is this necessary since I have the PA title for the bus in my hand? I do not have the previous title assigned to me since PennDOT took that to give me my PA title - and I also don't have a Bill of Sale since I bought the bus on Ebay (is there a way to generate a Bill of Sale from the eBay site? I can't seem to find anything like that).

Apparently I also need to get a VIN verification form filled out:
https://dmv.vermont.gov/sites/dmv/fi...fication_0.pdf Does anybody know what authority in PA would do this, and would they need to have the bus brought to them (it's not registered or insured right now so I can't drive it anywhere).

musigenesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 02:49 PM   #2
Skoolie

Year: 2001
Coachwork: Thomas Bus
Chassis: Allison MD 3060
Engine: Catepillar 3126B 210hp/605 ft lb
as a vermonter i did NOT need a vin verification on a 2001 just this year as I did not want/need a title.

HOWEVER when I went to get it registered my VIN did not come up in their computer system so THEN I was required to get a VIN verification. I was surprized even though my bus was previously registered in neighboring MASS.

Anyway in the past I have had the VIN verification form done at a MASS DMV. This time 3 months ago I called them in MASS and they said sure, but when I got the bus there they said no and no one remembered I called ahead the previous week.

BTW I live in VT right on the MASS border which is why I went to the MASS DMV (for VIN verification) as it was closewr.
matthews2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 03:25 PM   #3
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by musigenesis View Post
I finally got the Pennsylvania title for my bus in the mail and now I'm ready to register it as a Motor Home in Vermont (I was not able to both title and register it in Vermont because it is older than 15 years), but I'm completely confused at the moment as to what I have to actually send in with my application.

The instructions say I need to send a copy of the previous title assigned to me plus a bill of sale, in order to prove the chain of ownership. Is this necessary since I have the PA title for the bus in my hand? I do not have the previous title assigned to me since PennDOT took that to give me my PA title - and I also don't have a Bill of Sale since I bought the bus on Ebay (is there a way to generate a Bill of Sale from the eBay site? I can't seem to find anything like that).

Apparently I also need to get a VIN verification form filled out:
https://dmv.vermont.gov/sites/dmv/fi...fication_0.pdf Does anybody know what authority in PA would do this, and would they need to have the bus brought to them (it's not registered or insured right now so I can't drive it anywhere).
If you are already titled in Pa. what reason do you have for wanting to go through the Vt. procedure? If you get the title changed to a Motor Home and it isn't converted you won't be able to get valid insurance as a MH. If it is converted why not register it in Pa.?
o1marc is offline   Reply With Quote