Bus Geek
Year: 1986
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: 40 ft All American FE
Engine: 8.2LTA Fuel Pincher DD V8
Rated Cap: 89
Re: Holding tanks

Originally Posted by dirtygoat
I grabbed the panel with the level info lights out of the RV I got my tanks from... Haven't hooked then up yet, but will some day...
Don't fall in love with the idea of the tank level lights working for long. Apparently they are notorious for crapping out.... particularly for the black & grey tanks. But fresh tanks aren't too far behind them. It's a small part of the reason we put a tank float valve in our fresh tank. We are fulltime and don't want to have to keep filling the fresh tank either.

BTW, the campground had to shut the water off today to make some repairs. It was off for a couple of hours with very little warning. We were NOT inconvenienced! So far the longest the water has been off here has been about 4 or 5 hours. We have lost water due to burst city pipes in other places for as long as 12 hours. We WILL be adding that second fresh tank this summer.
This post is my opinion. It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Fulltime since 2006
The goal of life is living in agreement with nature. Zeno (335BC-264BC)
lornaschinske is offline   Reply With Quote