Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-21-2018, 12:25 PM   #41
Bus Nut

Year: 1998
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: Bluebird
Engine: 5.9 Cummins/Allison
Rated Cap: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave in Tucson View Post
So what model number is this? Searched Amazon, but not finding one that sounds like what you are describing.
Eccotemp I12-lp looked in my accounts to make sure this was the correct item it is but I was mistaken on the price I paid 218.00 not 318.00 and the price now is 249.00 that includes wall thimble and exhaust pipe read the feedback and you will see multiple reviews of folks who use them in 6000ft altitudes.

Old 02-21-2018, 01:51 PM   #42
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdog 5651 View Post
I as said earlier in this thread I heat my house with floor planted pex tubing I originally used a Noritz to supply hot water but kept having problems with it coking up and I would have to dismantle and clean the heat exchanger . I replaced with electric (9kw) and damned near went broke trying to pay the utility.I replaced it with a Eccotemp (one of their newer models) it has digi temp control fires on almost no flow makes about 6.0 gal a minute,never misses a beat and costs a 1/4 of what the Noritz cost 318.00 vs 1335.00 the only caveat I have to this is in my case it is heating floor temp water from 65 degree to 145 so its working like its summertime. Factor that into your thoughts but I am absolutely going to use one in the Bluebird build.
How hot is your floor when heating the space at eye level to 70°? Seems like it would have to be uncomfortably hot on the floor to heat the room to comfortable.
o1marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 11:07 AM   #43
Bus Nut

Year: 1998
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: Bluebird
Engine: 5.9 Cummins/Allison
Rated Cap: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by o1marc View Post
How hot is your floor when heating the space at eye level to 70°? Seems like it would have to be uncomfortably hot on the floor to heat the room to comfortable.
You would think so but the house is divided into three zones.The thermalmass
is so large that the floor never gets above 78 degrees to keep the house at 71 degrees 78 feels really good on your toes and 71 feels good every where else there are floor heat sensors in every zone to monitor temp and shut down the heater if floor temp exceeds 80 but they have never been used in service I just look at them to see the temp the zone temp is regulated by standard programmable thermostats and zone control solenoids.