Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-03-2008, 03:16 PM   #21
Skoolie

Year: 1989
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: 3800
Engine: 7.3 International Diesel
Rated Cap: 72
Re: How much did you pay ?

I bought 89 Thomas on International Body with 7.3 L Diesel for $1700.00. Needed brakes for cost of $600.00 But have invested about $10,000.00 with about another $20,000.00 expected bringing total conversion cost to somewhere around $40,000.00. I think I am going a little over kill...maybe???

Lady Franklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 02:12 PM   #22
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1968
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: B602
Rated Cap: 58
Send a message via AIM to James P Send a message via MSN to James P

My First Post!

Sunday i just took possession of a 1968 Bluebird Ford F600 (Really its a B600) Schoolbus. Pics at http://www.trolleybus.ca/bus

The bus runs quite well. right now it's still sitting at my friends yard where its been sitting in that spot for 3 years and 7 years at another. the engine started in about 10 seconds and the transmission does engage and the bus wants to go but the ruts are deap and we will have to use the bobcat to help us pull it out. The tires are still full of air though!.

Bus hasnt been on the road since at least 95 from what i see on the registration.

Best thing of all, IT WAS FREE!!!!

BTW I'm in Alberta canada, I heard that motorhomes do not require an inspection for insurance purposes? Is this correct? This bus was last registered as a class 3 vehicle - Motorhome from what the registration shows me. Can anybody confirm this and if its true, damn awesome!!!

Also does anyone know any cheap insurance companies that insure motorhome conversions? I don't plan to use this at all this year except might want to just take the bus for a drive adn i am hoping to drive it from it's current site to a new site whenever i find one where i will be able to work on it.

I am posting my own post on the bus at http://www.skoolie.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3379
Best Wishes

James
Old 08-27-2008, 02:11 PM   #23
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1993
Chassis: Ford B600
Engine: Cummins

$500 for my 1993 B600(corrected ), They filled the gas tank for me also... about 45 gallons to top off the 60 gallon (i think) tank.... Makes my out of pocket cost $300.00

Not even 90K miles on her ... all original!

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3405&p=27565#p27565
Tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 09:18 PM   #24
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1993
Chassis: TC2000
Engine: 6BTAA 5.9
Rated Cap: 84

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillbus914
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTex
We have a lot of school districts getting rid of buses, but the two bus dealers in the area go crazy as soon as
they come up for auction. I guess the exporters are paying big money for them as well.
Yeah I had that problem up here too. When I was looking for a bus 4 years ago it seems like everywhere I looked Mexicans were snatching them up and driving them back to Mexico by the.. uh.. bus load. I haven't been bus shopping since, but I bet they're looking closer to the border now that fuel costs so much.
Just drove from NC to IN to pick up my bus. The guy said almost all the buses he sells go to Mexico or Guatemala. If he puts three up for sale, three drivers will show up with cash and head south.
southforsunshine is offline   Reply With Quote