Old 08-15-2012, 04:38 AM   #11
Bus Crazy
Year: 1973
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: All American
Engine: CAT 1160 V-8 Diesel
Rated Cap: 72
Re: How much propane to have on board?

How much propane? It is like asking how many batteries for the solar system. The answer is: as much as you can carry and have room for. Twenty pounders (5 gallons) are the easiest to get refilled or traded. I have seven of the 20lb tanks. I hook up one tank at a time outside the bus for running heaters. Having a bunch of those tanks makes it so I do not need to go to town very often.

I also have a large 50 gallon tank mounted under the bus. It is filled up. I don't use it because I would have to drive the bus somewhere to fill it up again. If I was to do some traveling, I would indeed use the big tank because I would already be driving.

Being stationary at this point, It is easy to just put the little tanks in my truck and go get them filled.

I disconnect the regulator from my the big undermount tank. I use a rubber flex line with it's own regulator from the small tank and connect it to the system
Best Home Yet - Strong Command Center --- viewtopic.php?f=9&t=10764
Accordion is offline   Reply With Quote