Old 03-05-2007, 11:50 PM   #11
Bus Nut

Year: 1985
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: GMC
Engine: 366 propane
Rated Cap: 56
I have a 36" fiberglass shower stall and a toilet in a small room in my bus, and having the privacy and space is great. I am not sure a bathtub is going to work well however. It could be a challenge to make enough hot water to fill it, and that is alot of space. Although that is one of the joys of building your own bus and creating it's layout, you get to chose.

-Richard
captainkf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 02:57 AM   #12
Site Team

To boojiewoojie. Check out the floor plan named 3 bunks. If you used a couch with a fold out bed for you and the mrs. and 3 bunks with two beds, that would give you an extra bed. Why stop at 5, you could have one more bambino and be like the Brady Bunch.

http://www.evolutioncustomcoach.com/flr ... rplans.htm

You Gotta Let Me Fly
crazycal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 10:08 AM   #13
Bus Nut

Re: How much space are you willing to give up for extra comf

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycal
How much space are you willing to give up to have a full sized tub and shower or a toilet area with some room? I have a friend that has a big 5th wheel. I hate using his bathroom. You can't turn around in it without hitting something. While his shower is not the kind that doubles for a toilet, I think I would want something bigger. I understand that if you have a smaller bus, wasting/using space might not be a luxury that you have. But if you had a 40 foot bus, would you put in a full size bath and shower? How about a w/c (never understood why they called it that)? I thought I would put this out there before I put in a full sized setup. Someone might point something out that I had not thought of.
I didn't quite get to a full-sized house tub but did decide on a large RV tub (46"): [larger image here]

I tried getting the tub lengthwise on one side but I couldn't make it work quite as well with the wheelwells where they are.

I don't see the issue being space; in this length bus it's not a hard thing to accomplish (edit: unless you're doing something special like a rear garage as Elliot is). The issue for me is water and heated water; a 6 to 10 gallon water heater isn't going to make it happen. So the compromise was only using the tub/shower as a shower when city water isn't available and installing a propane-fired instant water heater (so far the Precision RV 500) so that my wife will enjoy a hot bath (whatever keeps her happy keeps my happy to...it's worth the extra effort to me).

One of the joys of doing a conversion is getting to do the interior your way. Ideas here are just that...ideas, and not meant to be "the way others should do it".

Skoolie.net Gallery
Illusion's SmugMug site
Les Lampman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 09:47 AM   #14
Bus Crazy

Year: 1993
Coachwork: Ward Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/MT643
Rated Cap: 77
I have a full-height shower & a non-raised roof. How? I went the other way--I sunk the shower about 8". IIRC, I have an oddball 32x36" shower. It drains with a small 12v electric pump (essentially, a boat bilge pump).
Jarlaxle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 10:13 AM   #15
Site Team

Sinking the shower is a great idea. What does IIRC mean? I see it all the time and can't figure it out.

You Gotta Let Me Fly
crazycal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 10:16 AM   #16
Bus Crazy

Year: 1993
Coachwork: Ward Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/MT643
Rated Cap: 77
Well, IIRC, it means:

If
I