Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-12-2015, 06:33 PM   #21
Bus Nut

Year: 1976
Coachwork: Wayne
Chassis: Dodge S-600
Engine: 360 V8
Rated Cap: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziemy65 View Post
any body know how long it actually is? cant find anything online and need to know to price quote lots in case i do decide to buy it. Its 66 capacity
School bus bodies within a given year range are sized according to standards (which change every so often). Since it's only three years older than my 66-pass. Dodge/Wayne, I can tell you that you'd get about 25 feet behind the driver. Sixty-six was the top capacity for most conventional ("dog-nose") buses of the era. I don't know when they started building longer ones: the one I drive on my job is a 72-pass. conventional Blue Bird, 2014 model.

If money is your top priority, I agree with EastCoast and Tango. (I may get a Cummins for mine down the road.) If you have your heart set on that specific bus, well, that's a much more devilish thing to quantify for value.

Old 05-12-2015, 07:38 PM   #22
Bus Geek

Year: 1992
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: TC2000 FE
Engine: 190hp 5.9 Cummins
Rated Cap: 72
Thats a cool old hood.

I would make the front into a rat rod or something.

Nat

Patently waiting for the apocalypses to level the playing field in this physiological game of life commonly known as Civilization
nat_ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 08:27 PM   #23
Mini-Skoolie

wow thanks for all the info! I had no idea about cold starting it so that is good to know although I doubt it could get anything close to starting currently lol. I will probably end up passing on it just due to the amount of "Ifs" I will check around and see what a scrap yard would offer but I have a feeling that after paying for it, then paying for it to be towed, I probably wouldn't get much more out of it and I'd rather not crush an old car for $200. if the estimate of about $750 is close to correct I basically would get about $200 more than I originally invested which to me isn't worth crushing it. But we shall see. I am not set on this bus at all I just came across its owners and finally got a chance to check it out. I wanted to see what everyone here thinks on it. Which from what I'm gathering is basically not worth it or try and scrap it
ziemy65 is offline   Reply With Quote