Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-06-2013, 10:15 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1991
Coachwork: International
Chassis: Blue Bird
Engine: DTA360 Spicer 6+1 Manual
Rated Cap: 65
I think it will work...Steel gauge

I pulled the interior roof skin off of my BB and measured it at about .0310 or .0315 (22 gauge?).

I think this will work out awsome for window skin. I know it is a little on the light side and I need to check my measurments to be sure I have enough but I think it will work. The stuff from the walls is to thin but the ceiling is a little better. Most people seem to prefer 18 or 20. If I have to add a cross brace horizontally in the middle of each window section and tack or rivet a few times that is worth the 2 or 300 in steel. Plus it is pre painted so rust shouldnt be a problem right away.

If I was buying it I would go a little heavier but for free you cant beat it. Besides I think it is the same guage as the rest of the exterior (correct me if I'm wrong I havent measured.

What do you think??

Thanks In Advance
Tony

rex_1_mn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:08 AM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 1986
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: 40 ft All American FE
Engine: 8.2LTA Fuel Pincher DD V8
Rated Cap: 89
Re: I think it will work...Steel gauge

We used a heavy roof flashing, which isn't very heavy. We cut it by scoring it several times with a razor knife. We backed it with 1" rigid foam insulation. It's holding up okay.

Even survived a little hailstorm with no dings.
https://lorndavi.wordpress.com/blog/
https://i570.photobucket.com/albums/s...ps0340a6ff.jpg
lornaschinske is offline   Reply With Quote