Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-01-2009, 03:30 PM   #1
Skoolie

Year: 1976
Coachwork: Wayne
Chassis: International
Engine: 345 IH gas
Rated Cap: 66 passenger
I'm back.....

Greetings,
It's been a long time since I posted here so I thought I should bring things up to date.....
BruinGilda is still going....and going and going....
My oldest son and his wife full timed in the old girl for a couple of years, then it sat for about 8 months.
It was taken on a few week-enders after that up until the present time.
My youngest son is going to college now and decided he wanted to use (read free rent...) the bus for a while.
We have been in the process of setting up a real RV type hookup for the times the bus is sitting and have completed most of the work getting water and electricity in place under some majestic old-growth oak trees.
The septic/dumpstation is under construction now and should be completed in the next week or so.

Back to the bus:
She is still pretty much intact with a few signs of wear, mostly chipped paint on the outside.
The amonia refrigerator finally gave up and was replaced with a standard 120V 4.4 cubic foot unit with seperate freezer/refrigerator.
The water heater finally started leaking slightly and is going to be replaced with another RV type 6 gallon LP unit.
Both of those appliances came out of the original trailer I scavenged the parts from so they were old....
Other than that and standard maintenance, it has been one darned reliable unit and has seen miles and miles of smiles.
I am glad I spent the extra money up front and purchased good components as it has paid off in the long run.

Gotta go back to work, just wanted to let everyone know she is still going.....

https://www.pettypb.com/bus
Vern1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 05:14 PM   #2
Bus Nut

Year: 1982
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: IH S1723
Engine: IH V345 Gas V8
Rated Cap: 66
Re: I'm back.....

Hey Vern1,

Glad to hear from you again, that all is well, and to know BruinGilda is still providing miles of smiles!

Griff
Old 06-02-2009, 12:13 PM   #3
Skoolie

Year: 1976
Coachwork: Wayne
Chassis: International
Engine: 345 IH gas
Rated Cap: 66 passenger
Re: I'm back.....

Greetings,
I hope you ment Classic and not Antique...or you might be in for an expen$ive $urprise when you get stopped.
You might want to read this:

The Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) has two types of plates available specifically for older vehicles.

Antique plates are for vehicles at least 25 years old that are used strictly for antique exhibitions, parades, and related activities. (Occasional trips to the repair shop are permitted.)
Only one antique plate per vehicle is issued. To apply for the plate, complete the antique application form and bring it or mail it to your local county tax office. The plate cannot be personalized.
The plate is valid in five-year increments. For vehicles built before 1921, the yearly fee is $8, while it's $10 per year for vehicles manufactured after that. Local additional fees may apply. Find full information here.

Classic plates are also for vehicles that are at least 25 years old. However, vehicles with these plates may be used for routine transportation.
Complete the classic plate form to apply for the plates, and bring it or mail it to your local county tax office.
The plates carry an annual fee of $15, and may be personalized for an extra $40. However, local additional fees may apply.
https://www.pettypb.com/bus
Vern1 is offline   Reply With Quote