Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-09-2007, 09:45 PM   #1
Skoolie

I'm sure the sales man seen me coming from a mile away.

I am officially a skoolie member with the purchase of a bus this passed weekend. My family and I had planned to stop and review the buses on hand. We went with our eyes on a '87' 6.6, eight window, with a handicap lift and door. It was nicer than I though it might have been but there were some obvious faults. First off, there was a sticker on the dash stating that the odometer had been replaced at 180k and the current odometer showed 36k. The underneath inspection found cross members the were rusted through. The interior was in great shape and it ran very smooth for its status. Then, he showed bus that had just arrived.

It has been a long weekend and I can barely keep my eyes open. I'll be posting more info if anyone is interested.

Train-train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 08:07 PM   #2
Skoolie

Re: I'm sure the sales man seen me coming from a mile away.

Sorry for ending my post the way I did. We had just got home from a four day Bean Blossom Blues Fest and we picked up our bus on the way home. Sleep over took me no matter how hard I tried not to let it.

The bus we came home with is a '95' ford, Thomas body, 5.9ISB, handicap lift, seven window, 78" ceiling, and track seating with several seats of two different widths. Here's some pics:

Old 09-10-2007, 08:20 PM   #3
Almost There

My favortie chassis by far
Can't wait to see the progress
behappystupi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 10:39 PM   #4
Bus Nut

Year: 1992
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: International
Engine: 7.3 diesel
Rated Cap: 14

Looks like a nice find. It is about the same size as mine except I have a front lift door. So are you gonna keep the lift in there like I did or did you just want the lift door?
wmah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 05:47 AM   #5
Skoolie

My bus will be a work in progress always. I don't have any reasons to get rid of it and I am sure it will be useful lifting something. With the amenities this bus came with, I will not be doing much to the interior. Any advise would be appreciated.
Old 09-15-2007, 08:01 AM   #6
Bus Crazy

Year: 1993
Coachwork: Ward Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/MT643
Rated Cap: 77

Nice bus! 95 is the mechanical 6BT, not the ISB...good engine. What transmission does it have?
Jarlaxle is offline   Reply With Quote