Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-16-2014, 10:29 AM   #1

Year: 2007
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: Vision
Engine: Cat C7
Rated Cap: 44
In need of your help Skoolie!

How's it going Skokie. I'm new tot he bus scene but i managed to pick up and low mileage Bluebird Vision. It's already on the road and carrying passengers. Some of my passengers are complaining that it's a bumpy ride and the seats could have a little more cushion. I'm trying to find out what could be a possible remedy to this or how to go about adding cushion. You can feel the bars in the seats! I also have radio issue and i want to replace the radio but i don't know where i would find a harness for a aftermarket radio. Any help would be appreciated.

Bluebird Vision
SSLLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 08:50 AM   #2
Almost There

Year: 1989
Rated Cap: 71
Re: In need of your help Skoolie!

Not sure if we'll be of much help, we're more of a rip out the seats and install a couch kind of crew.

Usually the seats are two distinct parts, and the bottom cushion can be removed easily. If that's the case on yours (2007 is far newer than I've had anything to do with), you could just cut a piece of plywood to fit the seat bottom, and reinstall the cushions on top of that. It would be much more akin to a bench, and the bars would be covered.
Old 11-18-2014, 07:09 PM   #3
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2002
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: TC2000
Engine: 5.9 Cmmins
Rated Cap: 71

we have a 2007 vision in our fleet. they have the worst seats from 2003 to 2009. by the picture you have i can see the pads are shot. you can replace them but backs are $45 - $60 ea and bottom cushions are $80.new covers $30 ea for as many as you need i would call a bus scrap yard make deal on all. use will cost about $15 a seat but would save a lot. if you hit the seat backs and it rattles the welds are broke loose inside. if rattles only choice is to take apart and weld. as for radio its normally same as GMC wiring.top kick or C8500 ect...blue bird most but not all use GMC parts
go00nascar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 08:37 PM   #4
Bus Geek

Year: 1935
Coachwork: Superior
Chassis: Chevy
Engine: 317 ci/tid / Isuzu

go00nascar, that was a helpful post. I'm sure SSLLC will appreciate it.
ol trunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 08:00 PM   #5

Year: 2007
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: Vision
Engine: Cat C7
Rated Cap: 44

Yes that was awesome...Thanks a bunch! you now have me thinking of a way to pull the seats and add something more comfortable that would be a little better than the seats we have. Maybe like party bus seating? Any sites i can check for something like that...that would also keep my capacity at about 30-35?

Bluebird Vision
SSLLC is offline   Reply With Quote